Forum (in)activity

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Westi
KG Regular

Thanks guys for taking notice. Appreciate your day jobs are very hectic as well!

We tried really hard to make it more inviting, set some of our own rules about where things are posted, argued a bit, but knew it was't ever going to be us that livened up this forum no matter how hard we tried. We have all experienced forums with a small group, which seems exclusive to those that read, so they don't post as it frightens them off.

Glad your engaged with us again & agree this forum is worth saving! Would there be any benefit from starting from scratch and deleting all the old stuff? Let the new folk feel free to ask the questions that have been asked before, so our clever guys (forum members) can also answer them again? OK Forum Guys - I can feel you eyebrows raising! :D

Clean slate maybe? Just be careful you don't delete the regulars though!

Westi
Westi
Pawty
KG Regular

Excellent, and as Westi says, thank you.

I really look forward to the last word! I hope I can contribute to it at some some point (although I'm still a newby so tend to ask more questions!)

Pawty
OscarSidcup
KG Regular

KGAdmin wrote:
Ok everyone, here's a bit of fun, give me your top 5 existing topics, your bottom 5 and 5 ideas for new ones! Or as many as you can manage.

First of all I also join my thanks to the others for listening to us and actionning so quickly! I got a first email today referencing the Forum (wish I had this green chutney recipe earlier, I will save it for next year now!)

What I would like to see in the forum are a couple of threads dedicated to people posting photos - of their plots, gardens, allotments, produce, flowers, etc. We are all very proud of what we are doing and like to show others, but I also love seeing what others are doing and how things look like. I am lucky enough to have a large garden where my raised beds are, but as a result do not have allotments neighbours to go and check others...

A possible extension could also be a KG Instagram page where we could add photos by hashtag and this could flow back in the specific conversation thread
Nature is simply amazing
Instagram: @frankinkent
KG Steve
KG Editor

Loving this idea OscarSidcup! I'd love to see pictures of your plots, crops etc (and of course your smiling faces). Always nice to know who you are talking to! :D

We don't currently run an Instagram account, but do have Pinterest pages for KG. I've asked those who know about these things if we can link with that or maybe look at Instagram and will keep you informed.
Steve Ott
Kitchen Garden Editor
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Will have to swot up on instagram, pinterest and hash tags!
KG Steve
KG Editor

Me too! Actually I'm told that you can already link with Instagram and Pinterest using a hyperlink in your post - so shows what I know! :oops:
Steve Ott
Kitchen Garden Editor
OscarSidcup
KG Regular

yes but what about linking from Instagram into the Forum? ie if I post on Instagram, can I somehow link the photo so that it posts on the Forum or alert KG a photo is posted that is of interest and they can curate it?
Nature is simply amazing
KG Steve
KG Editor

I certainly agree that would be ideal. I've asked the question.....
Steve Ott
Kitchen Garden Editor
KGAdmin
Site Admin

OscarSidcup wrote:What I would like to see in the forum are a couple of threads dedicated to people posting photos - of their plots, gardens, allotments, produce, flowers, etc. We are all very proud of what we are doing and like to show others, but I also love seeing what others are doing and how things look like. I am lucky enough to have a large garden where my raised beds are, but as a result do not have allotments neighbours to go and check others...

A possible extension could also be a KG Instagram page where we could add photos by hashtag and this could flow back in the specific conversation thread

This is a great idea! We in digital are going to put our heads together to see if we can find a way to make this work.
Thanks!
peter
KG Regular

Captain Carrot wrote:Me too! Actually I'm told that you can already link with Instagram and Pinterest using a hyperlink in your post - so shows what I know! :oops:

I used to link to photos in photo bucket by that means.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Westi
KG Regular

Funny my Pinterest says I like vegetable growing but nothing comes up from KG? However they sent me a message to say this side of the world will soon have a UK link from Ireland - 1st Nov I think.

PP - Pinterest is just like having a pin board you shove on things of interest to you so you can refer to it, but it is very USA led currently but that could change. (Actually I don't know much either, but it came up in a few searches I did, so I went with the flow & clicked the pin). The rest is pretty much a foreign language to me but expect Oscar will guide us through it!

Oscar - sorry I gave you a new role in all of this, but your absolutely right - love to see other's efforts! I'm putting the iPhone pic on tonight to test the new posting pixels! It may not be gardening related though but a test is a test.

Westi
Westi
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Captain Carrot wrote:Me too! Actually I'm told that you can already link with Instagram and Pinterest using a hyperlink in your post - so shows what I know! :oops:

I haven't a clue what you are talking about. shallotman. computer idiot. :? :?
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Shallot Man, believe me, you're certainly not the only one.... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Thanks Westi, I'll have a go when I get home. Pity I didn't get a photo of the three 4 ft monitor lizards walking along the middle of the motorway this afternoon. I hope they made it, they seemed to know where they were going.
OscarSidcup
KG Regular

Westi wrote:expect Oscar will guide us through it!

Euh - the blind leading the blind springs to mind...

I'm sure we'll manage it and I will do my best :D
Nature is simply amazing
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic