Early Autumn Bits and Bobs - 2016.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

Surely you were down for the panel OH, did Mrs OH burn your invite then? :twisted:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Probably burnt it at the same time as my dinner... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
peter
KG Regular

Brens post has been shared on the KG facebook page.

kg.jpg
kg.jpg (78.79 KiB) Viewed 4192 times
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Compo
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING wrote:Hello Compo, good to hear it's still gardening weather in U.K. It's a bit hot here in Thailand :D

Glad it is hot there, I am recently back from Corfu, 25c just perfect. Thanks for all your greetings, I am fine thanks, been a very very busy and stressful period at work, I am waiting to hear if I have got voluntary redundancy, still loving my plot but recently got a bit behind with it, now firmly back on top though, pictures will follow no doubt

Dave (Compo)
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I thought Old Codger was putting a little weight on, over the last couple of weeks, so whilst talking to him i found out why.
Apparently, he bought a seven egg boiling machine......he didn't realise you could put less than seven in it at a time.... :wink: :) :) :)

Happy digging Codger. :)

Stephen
KG Regular

The weather is still rather pleasant in Herts and I finished early yesterday. This gave me three hours on the lottie, weeding (lots of grass - it looked like a nascent lawn) and tidying up. So very relaxing.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I just replied to a question in, (growing advice for beginners) and noticed it came up with a (quick reply), choice....i haven't noticed this before and in didn't come up for this reply. Is this something new?

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Hi OH

I also noticed that option appeared sometimes.
To be honest I didn't take much notice as on other sites I might start to use quick reply and then find I want to open full edit /options anyway.

Got a feeling it might be activated on just one or two forums here.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Pa Snip
KG Regular

So quick reply appears to be available on "Advice for Beginners" forum

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Westi
KG Regular

I've seen it a few times, didn't note which particular topic though! I just thought it was a new feature to start off a thread quicker.

Balmy 14 degrees here at the moment, had all these plans for putting in bulbs and stuff today, but still got so much in bloom & looking healthy - I couldn't make a choice on sacrificing anything, so bulbs are back on the sideboard. Tulips will be a bit later up next year then.

Westi
Westi
robo
KG Regular

Busy day today, started off with a four hour fishing trip on the Mersey where I managed a ten pound cod, then over to the far side of Manchester to collect an Honda mantis I've been bidding on ,on eBay then to the worst shop I've ever been in B an Q in st.helens to return a very badly designed ryobi petrol leaf blower were I got a full refund after a bit of digging my heels in , now I've just finished one of the worst Chinese carry outs I've had ,I think ill now have a look at the back of my eyelids
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Started day by going back in time, way back in time. Was a saucy little trip out.
So far back in time it involved standing out on a damp, misty autumn morn to try and see Princess Elizabeth in all her glory

Any ideas what I'm talking about ?

Went to plot after that, have decided to move strawberries back to the area I moved them out of last year.
So this time last year I was making raised beds, have now decided to make some more.

Robo, good luck with the Mantis. Not a lover of them myself, Ok on soft soil, watched too many bouncing around on hard soil. And the tines aren't that big so no great depth. Sincerely hope it works to your needs.

Nice bit of steak just cooking for tonight

Primrose
KG Regular

Never mind Robo. You get an extra hour in bed tonight to compensate for all the hassle.
Mind you, we'll lose it in the morning having to go round and reset all the timers in the house on the oven, microwave, lamps, clocks etc. I can foresee the six monthly argument "Where did you put the manual? i can,t remember how reset it "
Need to build up the chocolate "comfort" hibernation stash until the clock readjust next March!

Stir fried onion mixtures cooked in with sliced red cabbage, apples and smoked frankfurters accompanied with mashed potato to mop up the cooked down apple juices.
Clive.
KG Regular

Pa Snip wrote:Started day by going back in time, way back in time. Was a saucy little trip out.
So far back in time it involved standing out on a damp, misty autumn morn to try and see Princess Elizabeth in all her glory

6201....?? Worcester....??

Clive.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Clive. wrote:
Pa Snip wrote:Started day by going back in time, way back in time. Was a saucy little trip out.

6201....?? Worcester....??

Clive.

In one Clive, well done. Didn't take the trip but did take a vid clip of it passing through our area

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic