Life on the allotment through photos

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

dan3008
KG Regular

Mac is the one computer I don't use... But my wife loves mac lol... When we start talking computers or photoshop it gets tense...

What I will say is if you want a good photo editor that is better than paint (or mac equivalent) but free and easy to use, paint.net is good, and I believe works on both windows and mac

Ps nice ladybird photo, both me and my wife have had photos published in national geographic, and cant take insect photos like that with our professional macro lenses
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Westi
KG Regular

Thought I had it sussed then! Went into App shop & downloaded Photo Resize Magic Lite & picked a lottie pic & it seemed to do the job (with minimal swearing), even though it came with no instructions! (It was free so best not moan - yes I am moaning)! :evil:

Just can't seem to transfer re-sized image into my photos & it won't let me load onto here direct off the App, goes all cloudy telling me No! Back to the drawing board then!

Won't be beaten but may have lots of money in the swear box!

Westi
Westi
Westi
KG Regular

Oops! It's just turned up in my photos - a bit of delayed reaction in the transfer then. Let's see then!

This is a pic of lottie Spring last year - I love it, flowers all self sown but not interfering with the veg plants as too tiny.
IMG_2119.jpg
IMG_2119.jpg (352.26 KiB) Viewed 3409 times

Can I say I am mega excited! Fingers crossed! Hope I remember how I did that if it works?
Westi
Pa Snip
KG Regular

I'm liking the view Westi.

Looks as though that's a fairly dense site in terms of proximity of all the plots that are in frame, do some have a fair walk from where cars are parked.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Westi
KG Regular

Hi Pa!

They are all mine, the one in the photo, the one to the left & the ones to the right. (Mine's the black shed & have finished the fencing short of the top there to cross over). I was so lifted in mood when I went down & saw this after a week missed, I had a David Bailey Morph Moment! I was leaning on posts, laying on the ground etc to get a decent pic! Had to sacrifice them eventually though! I have shortened the plot on the right for parking, but still room to park out front even if I hadn't! We all have our own fenced off plots on this site - I am very lucky!

I am fortunate to have 2 full plots but right one is mainly fruit, but re-sizing made it blur into the hedge row! Sad thing is it is likely to have a new house on it in a couple of years! We're getting just short of 700 new houses on land behind hedge row & likely the plot too! :( (But no like for like site found to date).

Westi
Westi
Pawty
KG Regular

Hi Westi,

Beautiful picture. I wish I had space to grow a wild flower area.

That's awful news about the allotments being built on. I know development has to happen, but it has to be the right place. Does it all ready have permission/been allocated in the local plan? If not, there's still time to get your objections registered. Ours was mentioned in the draft local plan - we bombarded the local authority with objections and described how it would be against their own policies recognising the value allotments and recreational space have. Ours is removed but unfortunately the other one still remains as an option because of its location. I do hope it turns out well for you.

Paula
Westi
KG Regular

Pawty Hi

Not a wild flower area! I've got my raspberries in the front bit, salad in the middle & brassica's in the back! I only let these grow until they impede the progress of the veg then they are compost! Council can't find a site for us so fingers crossed we stay here - lucky me has a committee that is experienced to say no!

Westi
Westi
Pawty
KG Regular

Nice to see the rhubarb coming through today. No idea on the variety it was donated to me from an allotment neighbour a few years ago. My work colleagues keep asking me when I'll be bringing it in yum yum!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (944.45 KiB) Viewed 3341 times
Westi
KG Regular

My company for today - needless to say not overly productive - & ball not green for long either!

IMG_2196.jpg
IMG_2196.jpg (125.94 KiB) Viewed 3340 times

Westi!
Westi
dan3008
KG Regular

Pawty wrote:Nice to see the rhubarb coming through today. No idea on the variety it was donated to me from an allotment neighbour a few years ago. My work colleagues keep asking me when I'll be bringing it in yum yum!

looks like Rhubarb 'Victoria' but its the wrong time of year for that. Victoria (or at least my crown) is a late cropper...

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Re Pawty's rhubarb

My money would be on 'Champagne'

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Pawty
KG Regular

westi - what a gorgeous dog. He/she looks like a lot of fun

Pa snip - I have to ask - how do you tell the difference between varieties?

Dan, we're all dying to see some your pics - national geographic - very impressive.
Westi
KG Regular

Pawty!

That is Ambush Amber (Bubbles West)! Her claim to fame is she is related to Boo on Country File, but isn't going to have 8 puppies going for about £1,000 each (if not more with the connections)! She is a Hungarian wire haired Vizsla - supposed to be a gun dog but never got over the angst of falling in the river when little!

Yep agree - Dan Numbers needs to post one of his pics! National Geographic - post one of them! Please Dan!

Also not sure what my Rhubarb variety is, but mine also up! Don't think mine is Champagne, but can't remember.

Westi
Westi
dan3008
KG Regular

Pawty wrote:Dan, we're all dying to see some your pics - national geographic - very impressive.

Westi wrote:Yep agree - Dan Numbers needs to post one of his pics! National Geographic - post one of them! Please Dan!

I'll see what I can dig out of my collection... But I am actually looking at starting a project this year in the garden, as things start to grow, trying to document plant growth and my little visitors (insects if i can)

So I'll be posting lots over this next year :D

My photos (if I can find them) were a group of doe, and a stag in Sherwood forest, and a picture of lightening hitting the sea up near lindesfarn. While my wifes photo was a robin in the snow :)

Pawty
KG Regular

Nothing like watching Monty on gardens world on a Sunday morning for motivation. The lotty isn't looking its prettiest but I'm pleased that my Autumn planted garlic are still showing signs of life - I was worried that they had all rotted in the wet and mild winter.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (93.09 KiB) Viewed 3301 times
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic