Life on the allotment through photos

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pawty
KG Regular

I love looking at everyone's allotment photos so I thought I would start getting better by taking more photos and sharing some of my favourites. Here's today's - company while putting in shallots.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (314.44 KiB) Viewed 6372 times
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

That's brilliant Pawty, what camera did you use? Nothing is flying here today it is horizontal drizzle and wind gusting to 35 mph.
alan refail
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING

Click the link and all will be revealed :wink:

http://regex.info/exif.cgi?imgurl=http% ... Fid%3D2393
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Pawty
KG Regular

Top marks Alan! It's a lovely little camera. Christmas present from my husband so am just getting use to it. My husbands hobby is photography - his cameras are far too complicated for me and this seems to do everything I want from a camera.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

alan refail wrote:PLUMPUDDING

Click the link and all will be revealed :wink:

http://regex.info/exif.cgi?imgurl=http% ... Fid%3D2393

That's reminded me to go back to removing all properties before posting. Fallen out of habit.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Got those ladybirds just right Pawty. Not easy on such a small subject without using a micro lens.

Good to see another person hopefully adding more pics, click away P, look forward to seeing progress.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Westi
KG Regular

Great Photo Pawty!

I've seen loads of ladybirds on the plot so they must be enjoying the weather even if we're not! Found a black beetle as well - all safely put back in some cover that I left for them. I really must figure out how to post some pics on here, but just can't figure the cropping on the Apple & every time I try to post it is too big! Frustrating, but will keep trying.

Westi
Westi
Cider Boys
KG Regular

I thought I may post a pictures of my parsnips I lifted this morning.
DSC03464.JPG
DSC03464.JPG (127.1 KiB) Viewed 6347 times

Barney
Pawty
KG Regular

Hi westi - there's a free app called simple re size. It impacts the quality a bit so it depends what you want to show. It's strange, I have to resize photos from the I phone to add on here but the ones with my camera are fine. Hope that helps.

I'm not very good at taking photos of birds, but I have a friendly robin who regularly visits me to take worms from freshly dug soil, so I'll have to wait for him.

Love the pasnips - and am slightly jealous........
Westi
KG Regular

Thanks Pawty

Will try that ap. I used to be able to do it on the old HP so must be an Apple thing!

Westi
Westi
peter
KG Regular

Westi wrote:....... I really must figure out how to post some pics on here, but just can't figure the cropping on the Apple & every time I try to post it is too big! .......

Westi apologies if I'm telling an elderly female relative how to gain nutrition from avian reproductive containers. :twisted:

Cropping is not what you need to do, that just trims off the margins.

What you need is to resize the image file, this drops the number of pixels, so going from 3264 x 1836 pixels (recent picture on my phone) to 800 x 450 pixels(acceptable size to put on here) doesn't cut off any of the picture, it reduces the number of coloured dots that make up the picture, from 5,992,704 to 360,000 thus making the computer file smaller, in this case 6% of the original dots.

6% is a white lie as other factors are in there, but..... you get the picture - groan.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
retropants
KG Regular

I haven't posted pics in an age, because the way I used to do it (via flikr) doesn't seem to work any more :(
alan refail
KG Regular

retropants wrote:I haven't posted pics in an age, because the way I used to do it (via flikr) doesn't seem to work any more :(

It's easy. Click the link.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3951#p94854

I would just add between 3 and 4, click attachments and then proceed as per instructions. This is a change in the new forum format.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Westi
KG Regular

Hi Peter

Don't know whether to hate or love this computer, best love it considering the cost I suppose. I have googled, (well Safari), read manuals etc & although understand the 'Preview' thingie you need to be in to re-size, the damn thing only wants to open the downloaded photos in files from my old computer & not any recent photos. The Preview option doesn't come up in the normal photo thingie that has my recent pics despite the hovering, double clicking, right clicking etc. (Forgive the thingie name for everything but it makes sense to me).

Best find a 12 yr old I suppose! Even checked whether there were courses nearby but none.

Westi
Westi
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Westi

I have to my left a Apple iMac which I rarely use these days. I have been into preview and am not convinced that is going to help you.

Your machine may well be different, being more up to date. Preview on mine allows me to 'scale' a picture but does not give indication at that point what the actual pixel or cm dimensions are.

Being a new Mac, does your machine not have Microsoft Paint, or other Microsoft Windows stuff installed.

I mostly use Adobe Photoshop Elements for resizing my pictures, both on the Mac and on the PC.

Sometimes I might crop or resize using 'Paint' on the PC, but rarely

It is only since 2013 that I converted to using a PC 100% of the time rather than the iMac.
Just as you don't know whether to love or hate the Mac, I was exactly the same with a Windows based PC :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic