Olympics

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Westi
KG Regular

Excellent results for GB, but goodness the late nights are taking their toll! Thankfully quiet at work!

Shame to hear about the changes to the Para Olympics, but it was always going to be a challenge for Rio to pull it off like London. At least London had the majority of the public on board, but hard to justify the cost to the Brazilian people living in poverty, so maybe credit to Brazil for shifting some money to other things that they need.

Now just need to give some of the unsold tickets to their Joe Public & fill the stadiums at the end of it all!

Westi
Westi
Geoff
KG Regular

I love the Olympic TV coverage where you can watch one sport on a dedicated channel with a basic commentary without the inane links and interviews, I'm always expecting someone to say "What does it feel like to have a javelin stuck in your head?" As a cycling fan I've had a great time without having to resort to the wee small hours. Fantastic GB performance, keep buying the lottery tickets!
Elaine
KG Regular

I'm having withdrawal symptoms since the Games finished...me and Ken have never watched so much television since the 2012 Olympics. It was great to be able to put the telly on, knowing there was something good to watch! The bags under my eyes have developed bags from all the late nights :shock: as I just had to watch stuff live, rather than watch it next day when I've heard the results. I've thoroughly enjoyed it all. I've watched everything apart from football, boxing, volleyball/basketball and water polo **yawn**

Absolutely amazing all of it.
Happy with my lot
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic