Life gets interestin' don'it?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Oakridge
KG Regular

My 'Yard' is at the top of the garden so I can nip up as often as I like. It is surrounded by woodland and there is a track between the houses and the yard and woodland. Anyway I was up there this evening and there were two air gun shots from the track which hit a tree about 5 yards from me. It was not a pea-shooter air gun, the pellet hit the tree with some force. I was hidden by the trees so the shooter was not firing at me and when I shouted there was the sound of hasty retreat. As I have said elsewhere I think my eyesight is pretty poor so there was no hope of me seeing them.

I phoned 101 when I came down from the yard and reported the incident. It took 25 minutes for them to answer the phone, I am sure they just do that to test your resolve.

It all makes life interesting.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Afternoon Oakridge, maybe it was the Police firing the airgun and it took them 25 minutes to get back to the station... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

Sounds like somebody may have been trying to shoot pigeons or something but I don't think people realise how dangerous these casual shotgun forays can be, As somebody who has had occasion to use the 101 non emergency reporting mechanism fairly regularly, I find it a pretty ineffective method of communication.

You might have got a quicker response had you dialled 999 and reported that somebody had been firing a gun which had missed you. If somebody had done that within my vicinity I would have been dialling 999 pretty quickly.
Oakridge
KG Regular

Oldherbaceous with recent a mind to recent history in Rotherham you could be horribly near the truth.
Primrose by the time I had finished my jobs and got back down to the house nearly an hour had passed so there was precious little the police could have done. Fortunately it was not a shotgun, albeit a quite powerful air gun. The shooter would have been easily 100 yards away.

Today we have had a nice day with friends near Cambridge so the event did provide a good topic of conversation.
dan3008
KG Regular

Oak, if you think Rotherham is bad, come up the road to Sheffield, ;)
(I used to live up gleedless vally, that's bad)
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic