Favourite books?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Hi Pawty, I hope I'm not too late, but couldn't remember who wrote this. The thing of darkness by Harry Thompson. It is a novel ab out Captain Robert Fitzroy on HMS Beagle, b ut a lot of the book is factual. It is historical, exciting interesting and sad.

Hope you enjoy your holiday and don't worry too much about your plants.
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I never get to read a book, I have been recommended two titles though those escape me right-now. I read the papers, mostly it was The Independent. Now I'm reading The Times, I will read the times until I detect a strong political leaning then I won't know what to do.

My problem with newspapers is that I rarely believe what is printed and it's why some avid paper readers buy two three maybe four different papers.

Sitting down for periods is as uncomfortable to me as is being on my legs so most of my reading is done in bed and why I retire early, as early as 6 during winter. Rarely later than 8 during summer, I read myself to sleep, wake up, read some more.

One of the books I'm to read is probably on my iPad, it's about people that run in bare feet and never sustain the injuries that modern running shoes are supposed to protect us from. The other book I'm to read was recommended by my grandson years ago, ill probably remember the title when I'm thinking about strawberries.

I do a fair bit of reading about gardening, but in staccato fashion.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Catherine
KG Regular

I read cookery books, I know it's sad but I love looking through cookery books. I do a lot of cooking, never make puddings or sweets but I must have more than a hundred cookery books. My OH dreads me going in to Tesco because they have lots of cookery books.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic