I'm quite new around here.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Oakridge
KG Regular

I could not find a proper place to introduce myself so here I am. You will see from my DoB that I am not a youngster, but my Grandad kept his 'garden' of 2.5 acres until he was 80 and I am determined to at least match that. He fostered my interest in gardening and my Dad had a way with animals which I have tried to emulate. We have been here 30 years where I took on 15 acres of disused land on a lifetime agricultural tenancy. Eventually I got fed up with the regulations surrounding livestock and gave up all but 1.25 acres of pretty rough land and returned to horticulture. I have 19 young top fruit trees, thereby hangs a tale. and goodeberries, raspberries and bluebarries. Vegetables feature of course. I make compost on a grand scale, there is a couple of pictures in the link below. I have always had very poor eyesight, but if you grow up with a disability you learn all sorts of tricks to get around it.
FredFromOssett
KG Regular

Oakridge wrote:I could not find a proper place to introduce myself so here I am.

Consider yourself introduced, and welcome.
Nice to see new blood on the forum.
Geoff
KG Regular

Welcome. Perhaps your profile needs a slight edit, can't see the age or location you refer to. Sounds like a similar plot to mine, 1½ acres with top fruit, soft fruit and vegetables - flowers and grass too.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Evening Oakridge, a very warm welcome from me as well. This may be a small forum but, there's a wonderful family feel to it, and hopefully everyone is made most welcome.

We will all try to help with any advice you need and will also be very interested in anything you have to share.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
robo
KG Regular

Hi Oakridge, we where all new at one time, hope you enjoy and welcome
Oakridge
KG Regular

I'm sorry Geoff, but I can't have pressed the right button - story of my life - the info should be there now.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Oakridge. Welcome from me also. You will find not only are we friendly, but we don't bite. :wink: :wink:
Westi
KG Regular

OMG! Welcome indeed! Your pics are our dreams!

You've got the growing & the animals! Post away Oakridge - give us advice when we ask! You are obviously well beyond an allotment or 2!

Westi
PS: So glad you took the leap to post! We never bite - but do stray off the veg topic now & again! Join in - enjoy the ride! Struggles are our game - & we love them!
Westi
Monika
KG Regular

Welcome, Oakridge. It's a friendly lot here and there is always good advice if or when you need it!
Pawty
KG Regular

Oakridge - love the photos. I've been trying to get better at taking photos and sharing. Please could you put me on the waiting list for a baby goat??

Pawty
Oakridge
KG Regular

Thank you all. We don't have animals now - retirement you know. Christine is a judge of Angora goats and you can see them at Royal Three Counties, Royal Welsh and Devon County Shows this year. Christine is judging at Cardigan show this year.
I cannot recommend too highly the many YouTube Allotmenteers, some are better than others but many are outstanding.
Marigold
KG Regular

Welcome! I am all but gardenless at present as I rent and have had a few moves... But do what little i can .....used to be all but self sufficient, with a goat,. chickens, geese, ducks, peacocks and two Jacobs for wool, oh and always cats. Now I rescue cats and grow what I can which is not much.. But the skill is there...
dan3008
KG Regular

Welcome Oakridge :) I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time here :)
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic