Is it you down there, is it?!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Now Barry has always been one of my favourite members on the forum......and i'm not just saying that in case he has found a treasure trove... :) ...

:lol:

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

While were waiting, what is the big house on the hill ?
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Ricard with an H wrote:While were waiting, what is the big house on the hill ?

'House' is a sort of quaint term for it really.

DSC_5652--web.jpg
DSC_5652--web.jpg (162.01 KiB) Viewed 3643 times

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Primrose
KG Regular

If Pa Snip had a fault, which he obviously hasn't, it would be his modesty !!!
He's very tactful and never boasts about his neighbours. :lol:

I must confess, I've never heard it called that before though.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Primrose wrote:If Pa Snip had a fault, which he obviously hasn't, it would be his modesty !!!

I must confess, I've never heard it called that before though.

Generally speaking we get on well, although have yet to discuss any major issues with her maj's plot though.

Did say "Good Morning Sir" to Phil once when he was driving a carriage through Windsor Great Park (their back garden extension) about 6am one morning, to which he turned to his private detective and said "What did he say"

FredFromOssett
KG Regular

Primrose wrote:If Pa Snip had a fault, which he obviously hasn't, it would be his modesty !!!

But, in fairness, I've never heard the occupants of the big house boast about Pa Snip being a neighbour :wink:
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Ahh well you see Fred maybe you just don't move in the right circles :lol:

Apart from which have you noticed how softly spoken her maj can be when there is a risk of being overheard.
Given you being in Ossett like, there's little chance of you overhearing anything from the big house :lol:

:D

Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Thanks Mr Snip, I had guessed it was the Royal-pile with you being in the Royal county though the few times I visit I'm in and out as quickly as is possible.

I just cannot cope with the poor and aggressive driving the further east I go and whilst I'm not saying we don't have it this far west the poor driving
always kicks in where the M4 meets the M5 then gets steadily worse after Bath.

Lovely county though, Berkshire/Hampshire, why so many 4X4, do you get a lot of mud ? (Smile)
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Richard

4 x 4's seem to be a compulsion around here. Most of them never leave tarmac.

As for poor driving I fear that is not just restricted to points east of the M5.
Nothing worse than driving the narrow country lanes of both the west and south west and being confronted by the local who feels he knows the road inside out but hadn't reckoned on, or cared about, the possibility of another vehicle being on the road.

Ended up in a ditch in Cornwall thanks to a oncoming driver heading for us at speed in the middle of nowhere. She didn't stop. No phone signal so had to walk until I could get a signal, when local recovery guy came out he asked what sort of car it was and when told said she was known locally for her lack of consideration when driving.

Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Ah-yes, I had many narrow escapes. And why these people drive around thinking no one else uses the roads I couldn't explain, the same drivers can't reverse in a straight line nor do they know or remember passing places.

Oh-yes, and, and, guess who the culprits are that throw rubbish out of their car windows. Sometimes bags full of rubbish. On a regular basis it's fast food wrappers, fag packets, drinks cans and unmentionables.

Always the visitors get the blame but visitors are much tidier than the locals.
Richard.
Marigold
KG Regular

Ricard with an H wrote:Ah-yes, I had many narrow escapes. And why these people drive around thinking no one else uses the roads I couldn't explain, the same drivers can't reverse in a straight line nor do they know or remember passing places.

Oh-yes, and, and, guess who the culprits are that throw rubbish out of their car windows. Sometimes bags full of rubbish. On a regular basis it's fast food wrappers, fag packets, drinks cans and unmentionables.

Always the visitors get the blame but visitors are much tidier than the locals.

We have just had our annual volunteer clean up here in Kerry. 3,500 volunteers, gathering 30,00 sacks of litter from our roads...shameful and I saw when I was last out that is has started again. In winter I was driving the Ring in torrential rain and saw a Rangerś van stopped and the young woman clambering down a bank, So I stopped lest she get harmed and BEHOLD! SOmeone had dumped a car over the edge of the road. No tracks so it has no driven over. We got the reg number and she took photos so I hope they got fined. There is a new ¨name and shame¨ idea out; they take photos of the dumped stuff and put it up one the web etc. One woman went to the council and begged them to take the photo down as they did not want the neighbours to see it.. Such a glorious country and they act like .....will not insult pigs! We pay for rubbish disposal here by the way by the sack.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Barry started this thread off on the 14th, a weekend has gone by and I've not read in the newspapers nor seen any news reports on TV about exploding chamber plots.

Wonder if he has got to the bottom of it yet

Westi
KG Regular

Waiting for the water board to stop the fountain & his land to dry out to dig again?
Chasing the archaeologists off his plot?
Trying to do a deal with the Natural Museum to explore the cave & remove the dinosaur bones?
Wondering if the allotment insurance covers sink holes?
Checking the deeds to see who owns the land to sort out the share of the hoard?

Westi :D
Westi
alan refail
KG Regular

Probably just discovered it's only an old field drain :lol:
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
peter
KG Regular

The Orcs might have dragged him to Mordor. :shock:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic