chromebook...

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Marigold
KG Regular

Well, my aged laptop finally died this week.. rip faithful friend... A kind friend gave me a new chromebook last year so I got it out.. Then had to call digiweb for a wifi rhingie.. sorted THAT yesterday.. I am a technophobe so deserve a mdal.. am online now BUT as a Guest as I cannot get the wee avatar to work... spent half an hour looking for "delete'... no such button.. you highlight then press space bar! As I use my own camera etc this google machine is not going to work for me so now am looking at a basic laptop at argos... the chromebook will have to be a standby. Spoke to family who were given one at the same time and who cannot sort it either... Anyone out there like this yoke?
dan3008
KG Regular

My wife loves her chromebook... I'll ask her fir advice for you when she gets in
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Marigold
KG Regular

dan3008 wrote:My wife loves her chromebook... I'll ask her fir advice for you when she gets in

Thanks, I suppose it depends what you use it for. For emai and browsing, grand but I write a lot and need photos... not sure how to even add a printer ... the lack of a delete button floored me...will go on stand by and have today acquired a small laptop. They have become so cheap these days.I am very isolated and very far from family etc so need this. My old one was given by a friend and was very old when I got it but has given service for six years.. an acer... Very slow and little volume so I am enjoying films etc on youtube again.. Emerged that my family member tried giving hers to someone and had it returned as they could not fathom it. It now lives in her car for email.. This wi fi is grand though..
Marigold
KG Regular

Got a fright last night. Was playing about as one does and clicked on ¨camera¨ .. wondered why they had a photo of a wrinkled old crone up until I moved and so did she... Mirrors and I do not get on...
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Marigold, i'm sure nothing is further from the truth....
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Marigold
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Dear Marigold, i'm sure nothing is further from the truth....

Kind kind man but was truth! I am well over 70 and it shows on the outside. Someone took a photo a couple of years ago on my camera and when I checked it I wondered who it was. Ah well, young inside!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

And it is indeed what is on the inside that is important, a young spirit and plenty of kindness beats any good looks, every time.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic