Now it is Spring Time (Confirmed)

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Now i like that sort of thinking, Robo.....that did make me smile... :) ....
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
robo
KG Regular

You can tell it's spring in this neck of the woods the rain is getting warmer
Marigold
KG Regular

robo wrote:You can tell it's spring in this neck of the woods the rain is getting warmer

Not over here in western Ireland it aint! They are forecasting hail and snow for the weekend.... Noticed today the start of that delicate green veil over the trees..Primroses are glorious but bitter cold out.
Parsons Jack
KG Regular

I managed to get a row of peas in before the rain set in this afternoon.

It's been chucking it down ever since.
Cheers PJ.

I'm just off down the greenhouse. I won't be long...........
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

It's been raining constantly for neatly 24 hours now, very frustrating as the water table will be very high again and it always takes so long for the ground to dry out, when it's like that.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
alan refail
KG Regular

Seems a bit provocative to say how fine it is here.
One hail shower yesterday afternoon in an otherwise lovely day, a few showers likely tonight, then forecast sunny and fine for the next week.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Apart from a couple of light showers during the day yesterday it was really nice. The rain started last night.

Today the rain started around midday and has not long stopped. Have had to move the chickens as the back garden has a flow of water across it where the ground is so sodden it is not draining fast enough. Its a welly boots in the garden job.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Primrose
KG Regular

The rows of seeds I sowed this morning will not so much have been watered in but probably drowned.
Bet your poor chickens are fed up Pa, even if they do have a nice new hen house!
robo
KG Regular

I've had to put a bail of straw in the chicken run as they are knee deep in slutch at least they are a bit cleaner now
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Primrose wrote:The rows of seeds I sowed this morning will not so much have been watered in but probably drowned.
Bet your poor chickens are fed up Pa, even if they do have a nice new hen house!

Had to move them back to the old one so they have completely dry ground

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Westi
KG Regular

Are you guys all out of the same mould?

We are now considering how to move same shed if they find us a new site anytime soon! I'm pretty sure it will survive just being picked up & put on the back of a truck! Mr Westi was pretty enthusiastic about re-enforcing the shed when we bought it & the company that erected it didn't put screws in just nails! (Obviously rectified immediately)!

Go on guys! Nails v's screws! Go for it! I'll be on the recipe forum for a bit by the way.

Westi
Westi
robo
KG Regular

Nothing wrong with nails
Geoff
KG Regular

I use stainless steel screws for everything in the garden - when the wood rots away I recycle the screws!

PS : anybody else noticed treated wood doesn't last anywhere near as long as it used to?
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Geoff wrote:I use stainless steel screws for everything in the garden - when the wood rots away I recycle the screws!

PS : anybody else noticed treated wood doesn't last anywhere near as long as it used to?

Yes Geoff I have noticed that. Seems hardly worth the extra you pay for it.

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Westi

Nails Vs Screws depends on the job in hand. Shed would definitely be screws. My recent raised beds were nails

Personally I find some jobs in the garden absolutely ruin my nails.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic