Beware SPAM from KG

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

John
KG Regular

Beware
I have just started getting SPAM emails from KG, probably not directly.
They only have a few words so I guess the spammers are just testing if the addresses are valid.
I use unique email addresses for KG so there is no doubt where they have come from.
Looks to me as though someone has hacked into the KG contact lists.
Anyone else having problems?
Not a very happy bunny at the moment as I had always trusted this site.

John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
dan3008
KG Regular

I had one, and back traced the ip of the sender (which was a different ip to the normal kg emails) to a spoof server in India...

Looks like an sql injection to return the email list... A fairly advanced hack... I must say I'm impressed
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Could you please forward one one the emails to me (if you still have it) - digitaldept [at] mortons.co.uk
Thanks
dan3008
KG Regular

KGAdmin wrote:Could you please forward one one the emails to me (if you still have it) - digitaldept [at] mortons.co.uk
Thanks

Unfortunately I dont ... If I get another one I will
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic