whats the craziest thing you did today (or this week, or just whenever)

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

dan3008
KG Regular

For me... I went paddling bare foot in a stream up to my knees with my little girl... Air temperature, abot 3-4 •c, water temp felt about -50•c

My toes were turning blue lol
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
robo
KG Regular

Dan, it might have been up to your knees but what about your girl no doubt it was up to her chin :shock: :shock: :shock:
dan3008
KG Regular

Haha robo... No there's a big steps at the side of the shallow bit. I was stood in the deep bit to stop her going that deep. Only came to just below the top of her wellies :lol:

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Oakridge
KG Regular

Ask Christine after 50 years of marriage she has a VERY LONG LIST.
dan3008
KG Regular

Oakridge wrote:Ask Christine after 50 years of marriage she has a VERY LONG LIST.

I've only been married 3 years (this August) after a bit of a whirlwind relationship (ill have to tell that story one time) and my wife has a very long list on me too lol

robo
KG Regular

My wife was going to write a book on my antics when launching and retrieving a boat which has been a hobby of mine for near 45years now as I'm getting on a bit I've had to sell the last trailerble one and buy one in a Marina,if I said I've owned 17 different ones over the years It will give you an idea how thick the book would be
Westi
KG Regular

The craziest thing I ever did was when I was about 20. It was back in Aussie & very hot so we decided to go for a night swim. We were having a nice swim & muck around, then saw this light, which stupidly we all thought was a lighthouse. (Doh why? There wasn't any land out from where we were).

We eventually met the crew of the shark net boat! We were swimming the wrong side of the netted area & they were chasing off sharks right where we were & flashing their spot lights at us to tell us to get out of the water! Consequently sobered up quickly and got out & went back to our tents! (Mighty big flea in our ear as well from the guys)!

Another time with a similar theme, I was out on the water when the shark bells went off! Was a giant ray as it turns out, which went right under my board. Avoided a Steve Irwin moment there, but that wasn't really crazy as patrolled beach, day time & sober, but pretty scary!

Westi
Westi
alan refail
KG Regular

It would be hard to top this pair's blunder :twisted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bi ... m-36150328
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Last week an Asian family went into the car sales rooms that my sister in law works at to ask where they were. They decided to have a day out and put Wales in their sat nav but had ended up at Wales in Sheffield.
dan3008
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING wrote:Last week an Asian family went into the car sales rooms that my sister in law works at to ask where they were. They decided to have a day out and put Wales in their sat nav but had ended up at Wales in Sheffield.

Haha. I found that way funnier than I should have

alan refail
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING wrote:Last week an Asian family went into the car sales rooms that my sister in law works at to ask where they were. They decided to have a day out and put Wales in their sat nav but had ended up at Wales in Sheffield.

Asians? I always thought that was a Belgian trick :lol:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 17924.html
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I'd not seen that Alan, it must be a common mistake. There's also Rhodesia near there, and we often walk through Paris near Huddersfield.
alan refail
KG Regular

b.jpg
b.jpg (8.46 KiB) Viewed 3649 times

Always a lot of satnav problems down in Carmarthenshire round Christmas time :lol:

Mind you, round here we have Nasareth, Bethesda and Carmel, which might cause problems for incautious pilgrims!
Geoff
KG Regular

Never heard of Londoners getting serious SatNav errors but it's possible.

Clapham.jpg
Clapham.jpg (83.41 KiB) Viewed 3643 times
JohnN
KG Regular

I once went fishing on Horsea Mere, Norfolk, and met some puzzled anglers who came from Leeds and had been trying to get to Hornsea Mere, Yorkshire. And that was before Satnav!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic