Welcome Spring, Bits and Bobs - 2016.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

dan3008
KG Regular

Peter, how good are you at rabbit pie? Id kill for a good rabbit pie or stew right now lol
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
alan refail
KG Regular

Maybe she had this other Mr McGregor in mind :twisted:

Rob MacGregor, hired to recapture the declining audience for a daytime gardening programme, quickly becomes Britain's latest heartthrob. The only trouble is, Rob's co-presenter is not at all pleased to see his thunder stolen. Nor is Rob's longterm girlfriend, Katherine, pleased to find out that Rob's been having a steamy affair with one of the TV station's newsreaders... Rob's career goes from strength to strength, but he finds the in-fighting and TV politics harder and harder to cope with - and he's becoming increasingly concerned about his recently widowed father, who seems to be in danger of losing the small nursery the family has run for generations. Somebody is desperate to buy that land, and Rob is determined to find out why...
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Excellent bit of timing on my part.

Wanted to get plot rotavated after this few days dry spell, before it started to rain again and made it claggy.

Got to plot 08:45 this morning, got rotavator out and as expected it didn't want to start. Not been started since middle of last year.
Removed spark plug and cleaned it, put back in and bingo ! fired up.

Finished rotavating and raking by midday, home for lunch and cuppa. Just started spitting with rain
Timed to perfection.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
peter
KG Regular

Unlike me, got to plot and cleared the dead stalks up to the bean poles, took the bean poles down, then started weeding the next strip prior to digging the first at the front of the plot and it starts to rain. :roll:
Finished the weeding, put the dog in the shed and barricaded the door in a stable door, did the digging, packed up and went home.
At least the dog is dry. :wink:

The gentle rain makes a lovely noise on weed membrane.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Afternoon Peter

I thought you were going to say you got home and realised you had left the dog in the shed
:D

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
peter
KG Regular

Tempted....

He is a very excitable 4 year old German Shorthaired Pointer.
Put your shoes on he starts pogoing in expectation of a walk, start to open the back door and he's nosing through singing the song of his people. Tie him up at the allotment, as I have to or he'd be everywhere hunting, and he inhales silently, but every exhalation a whimper or a whine.

He is like this https://youtu.be/RWw7MhLyztw but faster.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

Pa Snip
KG Regular

WELCOME BST

Perhaps with the extra hour of daylight we might soon be able to make good headway, or will we just spend the daylight watching yet more rain.

A early Easter combined with time changes must spell disaster for many plants & seeds.
If the rain lets up can't you just see no end of stuff being stuck in the ground far too early.

Oh well, not my problem :D
Enjoy your weekend.

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I 'm still looking forward to when it will be light, when i get up in the morning..... :D

Just had a massive shower here.....
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

That must have been the shower we had about hour to hour and a half ago.

Sun is out here again.
Might risk another plot visit, want to get the wire work done.

peter
KG Regular

Bright sunlight has now been replaced by gusty winds and steady rain. :x

Pa Snip
KG Regular

I've given up today. Went back up plot and within 5 minutes it was bucketing down.

OH and Peter I suspect it's heading your way.

Clouds are well dark grey now

robo
KG Regular

We have got the lot apart from sunshine, strong winds ,thunder and lightening, hailstones, rain but no snow as yet
peter
KG Regular

Got soaked and frozen watching Hertfordshire v Berkshire U20 Rugby match, quarter finals of national cup.
13 - 5 to Herts. Now at home and shortly to discuss roast lamb.

Bright sunshine with puddles from 11am downpour gave way to spots of rain as we went outside for the 2pm kickoff, halfway through the first half it was pouring down in a strong southwest wind, trying to leet rather than rain and accompanied by three rumbles of thunder. Second half ended with sunshine again.

Tragic event a few miles away yesterday in Harlow, a child died at the Easter Fair when a bouncy castle blew away. Take care if tomorrow's forecast gales arrive.

Harlow bouncy castle death: Girl blown away in winds - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-35906226

Westi
KG Regular

Storm Katie is on her way down here overnight, but bought her supporting band today! A right mix of weather but managed to clear the greenhouse, ran out of soil to replace the pots but as a bonus no spiders! Just looked out the kitchen window to see the second last pumpkin still sat on the lawn but I'm not going to rescue it as belting down now!

Starting to get that so much to do, so little time feeling! Depending on the severity of the storm & how full of chicken I am, I might go down to the quay later to watch the waves crash over some plonker's cars who park in the front row. Last storm ripped some of the metal barriers & they dented a few cars on their journey - but apparently that is fun!

Westi
Westi
Parsons Jack
KG Regular

We've had lots of heavy showers and lots of sunshine here as well. Strong wind all day. Forecast to rain all night, but a bit better tomorrow.

Potted up some peppers this morning in the greenhouse, and then started demolishing a large unused brick BBQ. Once I've cleared that out of the way, I should have room for another 8 x 4ft raised bed :D
Cheers PJ.

I'm just off down the greenhouse. I won't be long...........
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic