mothers day surprise

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

dan3008
KG Regular

So, my family surprised us yesterday by showing up on our door step, taking our little girl for the weekend (they have her every other week, and had her Las week)
And presented us with train tickets and a hotel reservation at the mecure in Manchester for the night (friday night) as a mothers day treat.

When we arrived, we had been upgraded to a privilege room, and it turns out they have a harry potter event coming up... One guess why I got upgraded lol
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Pa Snip
KG Regular

oh I could only think that after your long arduous journey on a Friday they thought you looked hagrid

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
dan3008
KG Regular

Pa Snip wrote:oh I could only think that after your long arduous journey on a Friday they thought you looked hagrid

Pa, I think you've just found the only harry potter joke I've not had before. Nice one.
At an assessment day, I once got100 different harry potter jokes in the one day. The worst one was "can I have a go on your broom" which in the middle of a catholic church summer camp didn't go down well lol

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
peter
KG Regular

I guess you just have to Grint and bear it.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
dan3008
KG Regular

Works in my favour sometimes :D I won a replica nimbus2000 from toys are us. one of only 300ish ever made by the production company... so I guess I cant complain

PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I can tell you are experts. Ive seen one Harry Potter film and thought it was better than the Tolkien thing where those hairy footed people are tediously wandering round looking for a ring.

Your weekend treat sounds excellent and brilliant that your name gave you a bonus too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic