Oh!what chaos!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

FredFromOssett
KG Regular

If you are reading this, you have presumably solved the conundrum of how to access the forum.
Yesterday morning, there it was; yesterday afternoon, there it was - gone!
The KG website seemed to have been hijacked by someone called Zeddit, with no apparent links to the forum.
Oops, big-time, or what? :? :x
Seems to be confirmed by users browsing this forum showing as zero (other than me submitting post)!
alan refail
KG Regular

Thanks Fred
I got into the forum via the link in the e-mail notification about this post :)
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Shallot Man
KG Regular

You would have thought we would have been given prior warning. :?
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Shallot Man wrote:You would have thought we would have been given prior warning. :?

A point I have made on the 'new website' thread before reading your post.
Stick a note on there as well about it.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
FredFromOssett
KG Regular

alan refail wrote:Thanks Fred
I got into the forum via the link in the e-mail notification about this post :)

You are lucky to have had an email. I had to discover how to reach the forum by contacting Mortons Media. I find the link via the speech bubble icon is unsatisfactory in that (at least on my PC) no legend of any sort comes up if you hover the mouse over it, leaving you with no idea that it is a link to the forum.
My concern is that if I have not received an email notification, how many other forum members have not either? From whom has your email come and from where did 'they' know to contact you?
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Dispute registering with Zeddit, and being acknowledged, now told my email address is nor recognized. Are well give them a few days and try again. :( :(
Last edited by Shallot Man on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Westi
KG Regular

I went on Facebook to be reassured not just me. No link there just saying there was a problem. Never mind -here we are all back again!

Westi
Westi
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Not so sure about that Westi,

think a lot haven't yet found their way back.

As luck would have it I have used the 'new' url amost from when I first joined anyway

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Glad it's working again. I had the Zeddit problems too so I emailed KG to find out what was happening and they got back to say there was a problem. At least I knew it wasn't something that I was doing wrong.
peter
KG Regular

All I'm saying is, it was snug in that one boat wasn't it. :wink:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Pa Snip
KG Regular

I steered well clear of anything to do with zeddit. Just read it as a 404 problem so sat and waited, and checked, regular as clockwork, to see if it was back up and running

peter
KG Regular

Financial adviser "That trust fund is shit."
Podington Pea "Excellent, get shovelling." :twisted:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Pa Snip
KG Regular

:lol:

Geoff
KG Regular

Don't understand your problems. I haven't edited my bookmark of http://www.kitchengarden.co.uk/forum/index.php and it still works.
dan3008
KG Regular

Geoff wrote:Don't understand your problems. I haven't edited my bookmark of http://www.kitchengarden.co.uk/forum/index.php and it still works.

It didnt when they fist changed it :( Took a day or so for them to get it sorted
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic