Introduction

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Thanks for the Pod welcomes,

seems like I have a couple of bits of editing to do !!

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
dan3008
KG Regular

Poddington Pea wrote: Loving the avatar,
I shall be stealing that

:D glad you like it :) its the sort of thing I do to wind down after my little girl is in bed lol
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Poddington Pea
KG Regular

Oh look at all my welcomes, i am honoured.thank you to dan and pa for editing post and adding avatar, westi if you wish to marry my dad then thats fine by me but theres a non returnable policy
Down at the bottom of the garden, among the birds and the bees, your find alot of little people called the poddington peas, the poddinton peas. :wink:
Pa Snip
KG Regular

FredFromOssett wrote:Yes, welcome.
You certainly sound like a chip off the old block; or should I say a pea from the same pod.

Fred there is no question she is her fathers daughter. :D
She just doesn't always appreciate my sense of humour (oh what a surprise ) or my composted manure.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Pawty
KG Regular

Hello Pod,

You're very lucky to receive an already loved plot.

I once asked my dad to help put some shelves up - he gave me a drill. I asked him to help with the garden - he gave me a fork and spade. I'm wondering what to ask for next .........
dan3008
KG Regular

Pawty wrote:I once asked my dad to help put some shelves up - he gave me a drill. I asked him to help with the garden - he gave me a fork and spade. I'm wondering what to ask for next .........

Help with sorting a bank account? He might just give you some money ;)

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Pawty wrote:Hello Pod,

You're very lucky to receive an already loved plot.

I once asked my dad to help put some shelves up - he gave me a drill. I asked him to help with the garden - he gave me a fork and spade. I'm wondering what to ask for next .........

Aww Pawty, Couldn't help but laugh at your post

dan3008 wrote:
Pawty wrote:I once asked my dad to help put some shelves up - he gave me a drill. I asked him to help with the garden - he gave me a fork and spade. I'm wondering what to ask for next .........

Help with sorting a bank account? He might just give you some money ;)

That's optimistic Dan. More like he would give Pawty the URL for the banking ombudsman

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Poddington Pea wrote: westi if you wish to marry my dad then thats fine by me but theres a non returnable policy

And there's no warranty either, I'm guaranteed as far as the garden gate

peter
KG Regular

To drive you to the shops and back?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Pa Snip
KG Regular

:lol: Peter

I think I know what you are suggesting there Peter but I reckon at best Pawty would end up with a bicycle with a basket on the front

Pawty
KG Regular

Ha! More likely to be given the bus timetable!

I'm being mean...... I get my love for gardening from him. I always helped him with the veg patch when I was young which are probably some of my fondest dad/daughter memories. Now, on the phone, we always talk about what we're both growing and what's going well ..... Not that it's a competition .... (Although it is a bit!)
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Afternoon pod, a little late in the day i know but, i very warm welcome from me too.

If your Dad has ever said anything about me, i deny it all.... :D

I know your Dad hasn't been a member of the forum for a huge amount of time, but by the heck has he made it a wonderful place to visit...Always positive, a good laugh, but above all, he always takes the time to look out for people and you can't ask more than that from anyone.

So have fun. :D
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
dan3008
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:If your Dad has ever said anything about me, i deny it all.... :D

Public safety warning, just because denied it, doesn't mean it isn't true ;)

Oh no, instead of the devious duo of oh and pa, we now have a terrible trio... I joke, I think were all as bad as each other here, don't believe me? Ask about Catherine's frillies

John P
KG Regular

Welcome Pod,hope you enjoy the forum. Your Dad is certaintly one of the stars on here. JP.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

You are all too kind. Of course she wont believe any of it anyway :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic