New Website - What do you think?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Now i'm worried it was me.....please say if it was Pawty!!!!
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Goodness Pawty!

I can understand, but have never experienced it. Although I have felt a bit of a fool at times, but on reflection my questions have been a bit daft, but no one has responded badly! I've got brave & reply to others now, but my experiences are geographic to my area & probably of no use to someone further North - but may help. My seeds Pawty are sown direct, not too specific in that response! :)

Keep those in the pots & put some in the intended bed as well! I'm still optimistic that the Gulf Stream will move North soon! Anyway back on topic - don't angst, whoever posted probably just sent a hasty reply - wasn't meant to offend or upset. That is not the way of this forum.

Westi xx
Westi
dan3008
KG Regular

Pawty wrote:I asked a question recently and I have a thick skin, but the answer was quite .... How do I put it....... Well I can see why people don't ask questions again... Anyway, I just wanted to say I was always told to ask questions because you can gaurentee someone's thinking the same thing

Oh gosh Pawty :( I hope youre not upset. I really hope it wasnt me. I know I had a grumpy week recently, where I really wasnt myself, I'm sorry if I upset anyone :(
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Geoff
KG Regular

Don't worry OH and Dan, it's usually me gets people taking their bats home though I don't remember anything this time.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I'm sure we are all ok, it was probably Alan.... :twisted: :lol:

alan refail
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:I'm sure we are all ok, it was probably Alan.... :twisted: :lol:

I spotted who it was, and it was not me :roll:

I say no more.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

So sorry Alan, i spotted who it was too, but just couldn't help myself.... :)

I did read the potato top trimming, question and reply, and i suppose i can see why Pawty felt a little put down....but that is the trouble when you are not talking face to face, but i'm sure it was not meant to upset....

alan refail
KG Regular

Dear OH

No apologies needed. You know what a thick skin is :lol:
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
dan3008
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:
I did read the potato top trimming, question and reply

Potato trimming? Glad I'm not the only one who trims potatoes. I earth them up as much as I can, and then trim when needed to keep them under control :)
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I thought it was quite a concise reply. Nothing wrong with a bit of logic. On the other hand you can do whatever you like to your plants and see what the results are. You may discover a new way of dealing with things.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Ok here comes grumpy now. (meaning me )

I reckon this is a bit of 6 of one, half dozen of other. But the point has now been made and whilst the reply was short and sharp and I thought at the time slightly uncalled for despite being logical, I'm sure no insult or offence was intended.

Now can we get this thread back to what admin intended :D

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Pawty
KG Regular

Hi,

Is anyone else struggling to use the KG website? Not sure what I'm doing wrong....

I subscribe, I have an account name and password, I think I'm logged in - at least the zeddit page suggests I am (it's not entirely obvious but it let me change my password, which I did just to check it still recognised me)

So when I click on an article why won't it open? I'm trying to get the chilli jam recipe but I can only see the top of the article (the rest is faded out) which suggests I don't have access?

KG Mag admin.... Any ideas??

Is it because it's a 'subs club' article? If so, what do you need to do to get access to these articles - have I wrongly assumed that if I am a subscriber I would have access to all on line articles??

Thanks

Pawty
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Have you tried putting forum.kitchengarden.co. uk, I had all sorts of problems with the Zeddit thing. Not very technical reply, sorry.
peter
KG Regular

It's a different set of credentials to the forum ones, based on your subscriber reference number.
Always check the basics rather than assume.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Geoff
KG Regular

Don't worry it's not you the Zeddit system is garbage.
I thought I would compare the recipe you mentioned with the one my wife uses so I logged in to the KG website and found the truncated recipe and it asked me to create a subs club login, which I have done previously anyway. Entered all my credentials including customer/subscription number which I had got from them after struggling last time, that was 10 minutes ago and this is still displaying (redacted)

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (115.47 KiB) Viewed 3451 times

PS : gave up after ½ hour
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic