Getting Madder & too Old!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Westi
KG Regular

Thought it was pretty difficult preparing for an interview, little did I know the DBS check would cause much more angst!

I pay all my bills online so don't have utility bills with my name on them, I don't drive, I have too many critters to travel overseas without increasing the price spectacularly with boarding kennels so let my passport expire. So I had a P60 & my marriage certificate that they would accept. Not to worry, they would be happy to overlook my lack of photo id if I could answer some more questions online - at additional cost to the Trust no doubt.

Today it came. Q1: Date on marriage certificate? No prob there! Q2: Date of correspondence from Benefit Agency (UK) i.e.: Child Allowance or Pension Issue Date? Are you kidding me - I did not submit documents from benefits agency - I don't have children & do not claim a pension & have never been on benefits! Won't let you put n/a so stuck! I have ranted at the computer for ages so should be a little calmer when I quiz HR as to who's documents they sent with mine! Grrrr!

Is a worry that they didn't note that though!

Westi
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Westi, we had the same at the solicitors today, we have the old style driving licences and no passports, so no photo ID.
They looked at us as if we were prehistoric.....they must come across this quite often....don't they!!!!!
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Geoff
KG Regular

Try it when the Post Office, Council Tax lot, Pensions, Electricity and Tax all manage a slightly different version of your address. Moved our ISAs to the Post Office recently, mine was bad enough but finding anything in my wife's name was next to impossible. I know it's about money laundering but the only time I get involved in that is when I don't check my jeans properly on a Monday morning.
Motherwoman
KG Regular

With you on this one Westi. I had no photo ID, passport ran out years ago, old style driving licence etc. My mum and dad were better than me as they had bus passes! It was almost a relief to move house so I had to get a new driving licence with a photo.
dan3008
KG Regular

you think youve got it bad. The last time I had a dbs check i ended up spending 6 hours at the police station to convincing them I'm not using fraudulent documents... thats the problem with the name Daniel Radcliffe
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

He might have the same problem now the police have cleared you Dan :D

Strange how filling in forms goes from being straight forward to incredibly complicated the further through the form you get.
It's a pity the person who thought up the questions doesn't have to put their name on so you can ask for their help completing it.
richard p
KG Regular

we moved 90 year old mother in law a couple of years ago, wrote to her bank with change of address, letter came back saying her signiture didnt match the (30 year old?) one on file so they wouldnt accept the change. wanted here to go into the old branch with photo id. which she hasnt got, just moved so no bills at new address.

we just opened a new account in the local bank, signed her up for online banking emptied the old account down to a couple of quid and have since ignored it . the statements and junk mail contiued to be forwarded from the old address by the post office. then i singed here up for paperless to stop the statements .
Westi
KG Regular

Tonight had new application. Very different in format & questions. Couple of sneaky things like omitting my 2nd middle name & asking for length of time I had current surname, with a little calendar for married & birth times etc. Some bits already filled in by HR (probably), as related to length of service, promotions etc. That was good as know what I have done but not actual start dates & couldn't have sifted through the box of contracts & training etc again!

HR very evasive about where other one came from though! :wink:

Westi
Westi
Pawty
KG Regular

It was my wedding anniversary yesterday - 9 years....... I'm still trying to get my name changed on the tv licence!
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Pawty wrote:It was my wedding anniversary yesterday - 9 years....... I'm still trying to get my name changed on the tv licence!

Congratulations on yesterday.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Westi
KG Regular

Congratulations Pawty!

Westi
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

Oh I could go on about this. What about utility companies who won't allow you to open an account in joint names so that you can both have documentstion to,prove who you are and where where you live?
The worst thing is people who need to tske out Powerof Attorney for somebody. The banks and similar organisations don't train and educate their staff proerly and make it a nightmare for anybody trying to sort out the affairs of others when they are already having to operate at mega stress levels. I know somebkdy who applied for a passport even though she now has no intention of travelling abroad again because it,s just easier to have that kind of soxumentationn with a photo if she needs to open a new bank account or move her mkney around under currant money laundering regulations.
Motherwoman
KG Regular

It's the question that asks if you have any aliases that gets me, as though we all go around under assumed names for nefarious purposes. Like you'd tell them if you did...

And I've been with my solicitors for donkeys years but the last couple of times I've bought a house they still ask for a form to be filled in about where the money's coming from.. One day I'll have to put 'under the mattress'! :lol: :lol:
Pawty
KG Regular

Thank you for the congrats. We have a great life and look forward to an amazing future, what ever that may bring. I hope that in 9 years time we will be celebrating getting the TV licence finally changed! But I won't hold my breath.....
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Had a phone call from a foreign sounding gentleman at 0735 Fri morning telling me he had detected a fault with my computer. [switched off at the time] Seem rather perplexed when I gave him my standard reply. I do not have a computer. Then the line went dead.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic