Healthy living fatigue.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

dan3008
KG Regular

Motherwoman wrote:Any addiction is 'needing' not just 'wanting'.

wow, so simply put... I wish I'd thought of it that way before :)
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I love it. I want a drink. (Smile)

How about this, when I'm poorly I don't drink because it tastes lousy. Poorly means anything from a cold, sore throat, flu, (same as women get) tummy upset and the recovery period after surgery where I had a general anaesthetic.

Does this mean I'm not an alcoholic and if so can you let everyone know.

It's Sunday, slashing down with hail and I'm having a beer after making bread, later I'll put together something for my evening meal and I do love a few glasses whilst I'm cooking and eating.

That's me out then.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Motherwoman
KG Regular

An alcoholic craves a drink whatever. A member of my other half's family used to have gin for breakfast (and most other meals as well...)and hid the full and empty bottles all over the house because they thought nobody would know. They were ashamed of drinking and hid it. It's a terrible thing to watch self-destruction and there was no medical help because the person with the problem would not seek it.

So as long as you can stop for a week you're probably OK Richard!
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

In hindsight I probably am alcoholic but please let me share something with you that no one bothered to research because it would effect sales. If pharmaceutical companies produced wine, whatever colour, it would be good for you or at least nothing mentioned.

Because of orthopaedic problems and osteo-arthritis in a few places I knowingly became a drug addict to opiates administered by transdermal patch, it was the only way to keep me active. Also, I have taken codien/paracetamol for many years. This is also very addictive. I also took NSAIDs of varying types for thirty years or more.

What I didn't know, nor do most doctors (They say) is that some, if not all, are addictive.

Recently I have been poorly with what appears to be an IBS type problem, I had a very inflamed digestive tract so I stopped taking Naproxen, fortunately I had already cut my dose to one tablet from two tablets over three months. I have been suffering flu like symptoms for seven days that started two days after I stopped the Naproxen.

Not only can this drug cause a fatal bleed, if you stop taking it you will suffer. These sort of addictions are the same as n addiction too alcohol, you don't crave. But you will suffer if you stop taking them after long term use and they are prescribed for long term use with cautions.

Those cautions are regular liver and kidney function tests, I have never been advised to quit.

Sore tummy is almost better now and I'm over the withdrawals. Spring around the corner. That should do it.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic