Hermes Courier.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

snooky
KG Regular

Feeling a little brassed off with the attitude of Hermes regarding their local couriers delivery method.A parcel was delivered to the house by the courier,well,not as much delivered but dumped on the doorstep;he rang the door bell and legged it up the road not waiting for a signature which was required by the retailer(I found out later).My son-in-law answered the doorbell within 5 seconds of it ringing.The goods were worth £84-00 and were left in full sight of all and sundry and if we weren't at home to take it in there was the possibility it could have been stolen plus the goods could have been ruined if the weather was inclement being packed in a cardboard box.
I complained to Hermes but it seems that I could not complain to them but that I had to complain to the retailer who then had to complain to Hermes!I reported the delivery problem to the retailer who said that they would follow it up.
A day later I recieved an E-mail stating that the parcel had been delivered to the courier at 12-47(about the time it was "delivered" to me) and that I had signed for the delivery at 18-31 that evening!!!What a load of codswallop!
On googling delivery firms performances guess who came last in satisfaction.................
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
alan refail
KG Regular

Always been a brilliant service from Hermes here. But the local delivery woman does live just a hundred yards up the hill :wink:
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
dan3008
KG Regular

Yodel are terrible around here. I had a parcel delivered and not only was it damaged, it was delivered to the wrong house (I'm at 225, delivered to 338?) in a different post code, and apparently I'd signed for it... What a load of rubbish
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
robo
KG Regular

Royal mail are the bad boys around here all you get is a card telling you when you can collect your parcel they have never heard of ringing your bell or knocking on your door
Geoff
KG Regular

We call our Hermes carrier the bag lady, having said that she is pretty reliable but my only damaged package over the last 12 months or so was Hermes. The best by some margin are DPD. Yodel have never been the same since the girl in shorts in all weathers stopped being on our round. Royal Mail are excellent. I think I've told the story before about the concerned postie ringing the bell with a package from The Jam Jar Shop wrapped in "Fragile" sticky tape but rattling very ominously - it was replacement lids.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Our Hermes man is very good, although he does sometimes come very late in the day, which gets me extremely tense when I've been waiting in all day.

Yodel is awful they insisted on delivering to the number before ours because the sat nav said we were at the other end of the road and the old lady who lives there takes my parcels because she might have ordered something and thinks she lives at whatever number the delivery chap says. Then trying to phone to find what has happened to my order is a nightmare. I think I've solved it now I've asked her relative to check the house for parcels and to put a large number on the door.

Can't fault Royal Mail. Most of them live locally and you can't beat local knowledge and a regular postman.
richard p
KG Regular

we send most of our large parcels by hermes, cos we can drop off at the village shop, always pay the extra for a signed for , as we do with royal mail for small parcels, touch wood weve had no complaint with either of them,
the one or two hassles we have had with hermes have been the recipient not at home during the working day and not being capable of arranging an alternate address . in one case they were actually 2 doors away from a hermes drop off point but wouldnt agree to it being left in the shop for collection.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic