Bit the Bullet! (Hopefully don't regret it)!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Westi
KG Regular

Got a bit fed up with everything ready & waiting to plant out. Potted on so many times I needed a great big box to take down plants I'd normally take down in a plastic mushroom box.

Outdoor Tomatoes, Aubergines, Chillies, Cucumbers & Sweet Corn in. All very well protected with windbreaks & fleece, which I'm sure they will need as a wonderfully warm sunny morning turned cloudy with a chilly breeze by about 2pm & temp has continued to dip since.

At least it freed up some large pots to pot on the courgettes & pumpkins one more time, but I did get their bed ready for when this Spring decides to be consistent! I don't think we'll get a frost but you never know!

Westi
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

My tomatoes, cucumbers, courgettes and most of the climbing beans are planted out too, so keeling my fingers crossed the wind doesn't blast them to pieces. All except the beans are protected by cloches and the beans are against a south facing fence so have a little protection. Once again I sowed everything a little too early trying to work things around other other commitments and like you have ended up potting things on which is a waste of time (and compost!).

Annoyingly everything I've sown sown in the open ground has either not germinated and had to be resown or is frustratingly slow to appear. After two sowings my parsnips, using last year's s packet have yet to make an appearance.
Westi
KG Regular

This year I have Parsnips, well they were there on the weekend anyway. I bought a seed tape pack from Wilkinson's, which I didn't realise actually & they are popping up nicely. Luckily I don't have the snail & slug problem at lottie that I have at home or would have been a repeat of last year's disaster, but also resorted to some pellets - just in case!

My courgettes, pumpkins & squash are going in this weekend for same reason the rest had to go in - too big for their pots! Like you primrose - finger crossed, & maybe toes too, if I don't fall over! :lol:

Westi
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic