Never too old - or just mad?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

retropants
KG Regular

brilliant! well done you :D
Stephen
KG Regular

Congratulations Westi.
May it be both satisfying and enjoyable.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Ha Ha! Got my DBS check questionnaire!

My passport with my 'Permission to stay in the UK' is expired. (Still valid but just can't travel) - not going up to London to Aussie House to renew if going no where. Marriage Certificate! Now where is that after 30 yrs?? Pension - Doh it's taken out of my pay every month! All these documents are available to them but I've got to show them!

Better not get in the way of lottie time as I get scurrying around trying to find these in a multitude of 'safe' places we have had over the years! Bit of a cop out methinks that they just don't search the probably mega data bases they have available - wonder what hospital has to pay for this non-service?

Westi
Westi
Pawty
KG Regular

Westi, congratulations! That's 'epic' (have just been informed that's the word all the cool kids are saying).

I've just spent a week with my nan who was very I'll, and she passed away last week. I have a huge, huge respect for everyone in nursing - you are amazing. The people who cared for her did an amazing job, and she was looked after incedibly well until the end.

Paula
Westi
KG Regular

I've just had to re-visit this to say I made the best decision ever!

Yesterday I met some Experts with Experience reviewing our service! My Experts were people with Learning Disabilities & I had a brilliant time showing them around! They asked questions, met staff & I think were pretty impressed. Today I was more meetings trying to make changes to protect vulnerable users & total support & involvement from others without hesitation, as well as helping me out of a hole with some mandatory reporting! :oops:

My previous role - individuals in it for themselves with minimal input (& output) - take the money & run ethos!

I can't explain how every part of me is happier! What comes to mind is Mojo is back, I come home & keep going with the things that need doing instead of reflecting on a bad day & building more bile & anger by the minute.

Thoroughly recommend a change guys! If opportunity knocks - answer the door!

Westi
Westi
dan3008
KG Regular

:) Glad your enjoying your new job :D I had a job I hate, its soul destroying, a good job can change your whole life
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic