There's a little Sun on the Phone!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Westi
KG Regular

Looking forward to the weekend and catching up on lottie thanks to the above!

Even more exciting is the committee had to move a muck heap on the site & while I was down there checking the structural stuff on Sunday (need some new fence posts, but shed fine), they were at a loss to where to go next as had filled all the other heaps! Thank you very much, all the fresh stuff put on other heaps but lucky me will have a pile of well rotted manure from the bottom of the heap, which has been there about 5 years, sitting outside my plot!

I'm easily pleased, but bet some of you will be jealous, just like I am with Pa Snips delivery! :D

Westi
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Westi, i don't really ever get jealous, but i am very pleased for you.... :D
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Westi wrote:
I'm easily pleased, but bet some of you will be jealous, just like I am with Pa Snips delivery! :D
Westi

Aww Westi please don't be jealous, I have to tell you there is a downside to my lovely composted manure delivery.

Since delivery the weather has either been awful or I have not felt up to digging the ground over. Consequently all that has happened since is some has gone in the raised beds and the rest has been spread over the areas of plot where there was nothing growing. This means some areas have not yet had the addition of manure.

One thing I have discovered, the foxes love it and are constantly digging holes and leaving calling cards.

I need to get this stuff dug well into the ground. The ground is just so wet though.

DSC_274012.jpg
DSC_274012.jpg (100.82 KiB) Viewed 2337 times

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Westi
KG Regular

Still jealous, but everyone has to have a flaw in their personality!

Pa Snip those foxes are just agreeing with me in thinking that is one smart heap of compost! I won't give myself away but if you see a couple of them wearing wee doggie vests with pockets just point them south! They are darn hard to train & have no sense of direction!

Westi
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

That is some digging! I womder if it is the work of just one fox or more than one. If you wait long enough they may come back and complete the digging for you. I suppose they are just scavengers and think the smell means there is something tasty buried below the surface.

I know of a case where a lady buried her dead cat. Unfortunately its grave was too shallow and a local fox soon discovered it and dug it up. She was pretty upset at the state in which the corpse was left.

Are you sure you haven't got the missing remains of the Hatton Garden Jewellery raid heist buried down there somewhere Pa Snip ?
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Primrose wrote:

Are you sure you haven't got the missing remains of the Hatton Garden Jewellery raid heist buried down there somewhere Pa Snip ?

Shush, you never know who is listening :)

Westi wrote:Still jealous, but everyone has to have a flaw in their personality!

Pa Snip those foxes are just agreeing with me in thinking that is one smart heap of compost! I won't give myself away but if you see a couple of them wearing wee doggie vests with pockets just point them south! They are darn hard to train & have no sense of direction!

Westi

You're as mad as me :D Can they read a compass

I am seriously considering setting up a camera to record just what is venturing onto the plot at night. I am pretty convinced it is more than one fox. Those holes are not that deep, it seems that as soon as they reach normal soil they stop and start another one

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Pawty
KG Regular

I never thought I would say these words .... But I am so jealous of your manure heap.....

Mr Awty .... Take note........
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Pawty wrote:I never thought I would say these words .... But I am so jealous of your manure heap.....

Mr Awty .... Take note........

Oh how I've longed to hear you say that, years of yearning satisfied at last.
Admit it Paula you do feel so much better for making that admission don't you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I'm also envious about the manure, for my first two years I had a supply from our farmer who gave me a JCB bucket full everytime,I needed it but his system has changed and I doubt I will benefit.

What a lovely here, right now I smell new cut grass and hear birds going-on as if it's spring.

I managed to cut the grass around and in-between our upper raised beds farm and one of our three domestic lawn grass areas, the smell is heavenly.

I bet some of you have red noses from a bit of winter sun and have come home sated after managing to re-connect with the earth.

I know what I mean. (Smile)

My New Years garlic has gone in the fridge, hopefully I'll be able to plant the cloves in the next few days. I gave up on overwinter garlic.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic