Rain

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

If you're sick of the rain, spare a thought for the poor souls in Eglwyswrw :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-35324205
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Yes I heard that on the radio this morning. It's the first completely dry day here this year today, I think I prefer the sunshine and frost. My son's has installed a weather station in my garden and that has recorded two thirds of the average monthly rainfall in the first week, but nowhere near as bad as they've had.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

A beautiful day here too, it certainly does give one a lift being able to roll ones sleeves up again.... :D
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Geoff
KG Regular

We did have a little rain mixed in with the hail and snow.
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Superb cold clear sky here this morning, I stood out in the field like a lemon trying to spot the space station going past at 7.38am but there were several plane trails going the same direction so couldn't work out if I'd seen it or not!
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Motherwoman wrote:Superb cold clear sky here this morning, I stood out in the field like a lemon trying to spot the space station going past at 7.38am but there were several plane trails going the same direction so couldn't work out if I'd seen it or not!

Hi MW
You'd be unlikely to confuse ISS with a plane, whenever I have seen it it has been much brighter in the sky and considerably faster. The light is also constant bright white rather than flashing like aircraft warning lights.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I thought we had a lot of rain though not as much as the year before last when our septic tank kept filling with ground water. We are about five miles from Eglwyswrw though they are on the coast, we are inland a little.

Five miles can make a difference in the weather particularly with our topography.

On a drier note, our grass is now drying rapidly, muddy lane is drying out and I may get to trim some long grass on lawns so Beti poo-poos can't hide. Long grass takes a long time too dry out, so-much-so that you rarely get to cut it unless you keep it short.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic