Free wild floweflowers

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

dan3008
KG Regular

Free wild flowers, pick your own down my garden :wink: lol

Jokes aside grow wild UK are giving away free seeds, and with each kit (10 packs) you get a solitary bee house too. I've got a pack coming for my local community garden :) im the only one on the committee who wanted veg, so it's going to be a sensory garden instead. But they won't let me put up the bee house, so it's going in my garden, just 2 min away lol. Just wanted to share, in case anyone else is interested
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Pa Snip
KG Regular

As a matter of interest why wont they let you put up solitary bee hives.
There is a bit of a clue in the name as to what type of bee use them.

Seems odd a community project should exclude a type of wildlife that other organisations are concerned about the decline of.

Last year ( 2014/2015 winter season ) I had five take up residence over winter, not many but hopefully every little helps.

Glad to see you are putting it in your garden instead Dan

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
dan3008
KG Regular

Pa Snip wrote:As a matter of interest why wont they let you put up solitary bee hives.
There is a bit of a clue in the name as to what type of bee use them.

Our committee chair is allergic to been stings, and doesn't know a leaf cutter been from a bumblebee... So she took the "executive decision" to say no bee hive or 'bug hotel' in the community garden... She didn't believe that solitary bees don't tend to sting, because they aren't territorial

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
peter
KG Regular

Does she carry an eppy pen?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Pawty
KG Regular

Please tell me how they plan to keep bees out of a sensory garden! The world has gone mad..... Plastic flowers and scented candles maybe??
dan3008
KG Regular

peter wrote:Does she carry an eppy pen?

Indeed she does. As the committee first aider (and head of the site first aid team (3 first aiders for the garden...)) I have to know these things. Shes only needed the eppy pen once while I've known her, and that wasnt even a bee sting

Pawty wrote:Please tell me how they plan to keep bees out of a sensory garden! The world has gone mad..... Plastic flowers and scented candles maybe??

I think she knows she cant keep bees out, just doesn't want a bee house. She reckons that it'll encourage hundreds of bees :/ odd little lady she is.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic