Decorating....sigh!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Motherwoman
KG Regular

Never seen a toad that colour...
Geoff
KG Regular

I'll not post the sequel "Another Fourteen Shades of Grey" - yes the chart has 28 - including Knightsbridge - how do you picture that?
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Geoff wrote:I'll not post the sequel "Another Fourteen Shades of Grey" - yes the chart has 28 - including Knightsbridge - how do you picture that?

A mental picture of Harrods in the fog came to mind, so I googled 'pictures of Knightsbridge in fog' and came up with a company called London Fog (est 1923) who make a bag called a Knightsbridge.

Probably on sale at the aforementioned department store but not what I was looking for

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
alan refail
KG Regular

Harrods in the fog

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Geoff
KG Regular

It seems there are even more than on the chart I've got - pretty serious Knightsbridge fog I think.

http://www.littlegreene.com/paint/colou ... nt-colours
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Be careful what you google Pa Snip, my other half once googled leather riding boots.... I rest my case :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Motherwoman wrote:Be careful what you google Pa Snip, my other half once googled leather riding boots.... I rest my case :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are times when even I know its best to ......................
Zipped Mouth.jpg
Zipped Mouth.jpg (25.18 KiB) Viewed 3233 times

:D

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well i'm still learning....ahhhh, leather riding boots...... :D
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

Geoff beat me to it. I was just waiting for somebody to come up with the Fifty shades of Grey suggestion. After year of experimenting with different colours I'm now in a "neutral" phase with beige carpet, beige three piece suite and light collured walls, with just a few coloured accessories. Finding it quite soothing on the eye and makes the room look twice the size, as well as seeming to capture more light.

Just woe betide anybody who walks in with their muddy shoes though !
Westi
KG Regular

If I threw all the little test pots over board from a boat it would be like the pink bottles on the beach & the environment agency would be after me. Like Retropants I've got Olive in the kitchen & very happy with it. (Overtly Olive I believe they call it). Only did the kitchen last year but what's in the tester pot is completely different now, much muddier, so names no help either.

I'm taking a break from choosing (before I need counselling), until the new furniture arrives. The new stuff is oak (only a side board & book case from a small firm), but think I need to see what colours are in the oak as all are slightly different as nature intended so I'll let them dictate what colour!

Will keep the test patches on the wall so everyone thinks we are decorating then won't have to be too house proud either! :D

Will be so cathartic! Westi
Westi
dan3008
KG Regular

I thought 50 shades of gray was really useful and informative and helped me improve my performance no end...

Wait, we are on about the black and white photography article in last August's n-photo magazine aren't we? ;-)
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Monika
KG Regular

Decorating is a job I heartily dislike, not so much the actual painting, but all the furniture moving, covering carpets and all that lot. When we last painted all our upstairs, it meant moving wardrobes and a large book cupboard, covering an entire wall. I tried to persuade my OH just to paint round it (considering that, when it will eventually be moved when we have gone to other parts - and that can't be long at our age!!), somebody else can decorate BEHIND the cupboard. But my OH insisted that everything was done properly!
Oh, and the colour was - magnolia, like all our walls.
Tony Hague
KG Regular

Not exactly decorating, but I have a small garden building job in the planning - a wood oven. Needing price on some bricks to match the garden wall, yesterday evening I Googled "Hanson heather" (manufacturer and brick type). The images returned were ... not bricks :shock: .
dan3008
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:ahhhh, leather riding boots...... :D
Tony Hague wrote:Googled "Hanson heather" (manufacturer and brick type). The images returned were ... not bricks :shock: .

Either I'm too innocent or my Google safe search is turned on... Probably the latter, but I don't see any problems with either of them.

Oh wait, isn't heather Hanson that actress?
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Westi
KG Regular

Hmm! Wasn't expecting that! Furniture arrived last night! Lads drove down from Hull & it took them all day so couldn't not accept the order! They had another order cancelled, so just cracked on & made my stuff. Bless them they looked so pleased!

That's put a whole new slant & urgency on getting things done, but currently finding it difficult just getting to the front door! (Told hubby to fix the leak in garage roof)! The excitement of decorating is waning rapidly!

Westi
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic