New year Bits and Bobs - 2016.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Primrose
KG Regular

Well you wouldn't dare eat it at that price, would you? Like all those valuable bottles of wine worth thousands of pounds that you could never dare drink ! I've never seen the point of using food and drink as an investment. Angst enough to drink expensive wine and see it flushed down the toilet but imagine dropping the bottle and smashing it :(
It would be bad enough keeping a pig to sniff out all those expensive truffles in the woods. Imagine how cross you'd be if you saw it scoffing it down before you could grab hold of it.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

But its only a spud, and a picture of a spud at that.

When I first saw the headline I wondered if someone off of here had paid a record sum for a seed potato

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Primrose
KG Regular

Well if van Gogh had been around today, I wonder if he would have said "Well it's only a vase of sunflowers" as he gasped at the last auction price ! Get that camera out PA Snip, your descendants may one day have a ball!
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Primrose wrote:Well if van Gogh had been around today, I wonder if he would have said "Well it's only a vase of sunflowers" as he gasped at the last auction price ! Get that camera out PA Snip, your descendants may one day have a ball!

in order to maximise potential purchase sectors I am going to photograph boxers with cauliflower ears

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Geoff
KG Regular

Well we've cracked already after losing our dog before Christmas so I'm following Richard down the smelly road to house training, never done it before as bought older dogs. This is Daisy (predecessor Maisie who came already named) a chocolate lab bitch.

IMG_3510_R.jpg
IMG_3510_R.jpg (229.38 KiB) Viewed 3189 times
Stephen
KG Regular

Awh!
I do like dogs (but I don't want to own one).
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Awe Geoff!

What a sweetie! Looks like your in for some fun with that little mischief! Wonder how shel'll take to gardening?

Westi
Westi
Motherwoman
KG Regular

What a cutie! Our pack of 6 are all getting older and I miss having a pup around. Always bred my own but it's not going to happen this time as the one I had earmarked for motherhood had to be spayed to stop fits.
Gerry
KG Regular

Noticed this morning that the 30'/40' rhododendron in our village is starting to flower and then noticed that one of my camellias is flowering. I hope we don't get any bad frosts.

Regards,
Gerry.
Westi
KG Regular

A wee bit damp down at lottie today but not actually raining which was a bonus. As anticipated with this mild weather there were loads of slugs. As I had to weed the spring brassica beds anyway I took the opportunity to shake a few out & throw over into the field. My celeriac is most unhappy with all the rain & a few of them had rotted, & my leggy broad beans are succumbing to mildew as expected but that is fine as they are not where I want them in the Summer planting plan.

I am well behind with the tidying but am off this week & there appears to be a couple of days coming up without rain so fingers crossed. We unfortunately got the car bogged in the mud & grass out the front of the plot & required rescuing by 2 strong men & that has never happened before so good indicator of how wet it is.

Westi
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

I think I need to keep a weather station and note how much rain we have actually had . We have very stoney free draining soil here yet for several weeks our lawn has resembled an soggy Irish bog and the ground has far too wet to do any serious weeding.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I'm enjoying checking my son's weather station (situated in my garden and on my aerial). He's set up a Web page that constantly updates, so I can check everything without going outside. We had double the usual rain last month, and January is usually the wettest month, so that's a lot of rain.

The sun is out at the moment, with 40 mph gusts of wind.
dan3008
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING wrote:The sun is out at the moment, with 40 mph gusts of wind.

Is that all? Feels worse down here in the city center... lol
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
robo
KG Regular

It seems all we have had for four months is rain and gales my plot has reverted back to a pond ,Leeks, carrots, and sprouts all rotting in the ground as did my parsnips I'm not a happy bunny
Pa Snip
KG Regular

A date to note in plot diary

I beg some of you not to fall over in shock

February 1st 2016, postman needed a forklift to deliver it but............................

my March issue of KG arrived today

previously unheard of

:D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic