And another thing...

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Motherwoman
KG Regular

Adverts. Can anyone make sense of perfume adverts?

How about that chap who drives into the desert to, for some unknown macho reason, bury his bit of bling? Quite apart from his appalling shovel technique where he chucks sand over his own head (someone send him a copy of KG) why would that make you buy a perfume?

There's various young ladies in serious heels rushing off into the night for assignations in what appears to be the most unlikely and uncomfortable of spots and other slightly more mature ladies who, after applying a bit of squirt, break their chains or climb up cloth ropes onto the roof.

I have a job to spot if it's perfume or cars when a new one comes on. Still never mind those ones will soon be gone and replaced with travel and holidays.

Which ones get your goat?
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Spoke to an ex perfume sales lady some years ago. I asked why did the sample perfume spray on display have a label that said Not for Resale. Her answer was because it had a higher essential oil content, that made the perfume smell stronger. Buyer beware.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Motherwoman, i'm so glad it's not just me that thinks these advents are totally false and even more ridiculous. I suppose a lot of adverts these days, have nothing to do with the product and more to do with a way of life that is a complete fantasy.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Dear Motherwoman, i'm so glad it's not just me that thinks these advents are totally false and even more ridiculous. I suppose a lot of adverts these days, have nothing to do with the product and more to do with a way of life that is a complete fantasy.

They couldn't put my fantasy in an advert :lol: :roll:

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I suppose a very pretty, scantily clad young lady, sat on the biggest heap of manure you can get......would be a bit thought prevoking and rather mucky.... :D

Pa Snip
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:I suppose a very pretty, scantily clad young lady, sat on the biggest heap of manure you can get......would be a bit thought prevoking and rather mucky.... :D

OH, What a mind reader... Oh how close you are

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
alan refail
KG Regular

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Alan, how kind of you to find something that appeals to me sooooo much.

However I now have a difficult decision to make because I am drawn between two things.

I shall have to make a decision and stand by it , ........................ ***t or bust

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

:lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

robo
KG Regular

I wonder if the lady that climbs up the rope only does it because there is no staircase in the mansion. maybe if she wants to go to bed and she is getting undressed she has to go by rope the poor thing
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Alan, was that a shoot for one of those naked farmers calendars? :lol: :lol: Either that or she has an allotment too!
snooky
KG Regular

I reckon that the best advert ontelevision at this time is the one with the Muppets advertising Warburtons giant crumpet.
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
Pa Snip
KG Regular

snooky wrote:I reckon that the best advert ontelevision at this time is the one with the Muppets advertising Warburtons giant crumpet.

Even I'm not going to risk making any comment !!!! I'll just go back to boiling my bacon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic