Coffee Shops

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

dan3008
KG Regular

Just realised the irony, I posted that from my phone sat in my favourite independent coffee shop with my little girl napping on my chest (19 moths and I still use my baby carrier every chance I get) and a nice mug of americano and milk
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Can you still buy camp coffee???....i bet no one would dare go into a coffee shop and ask the youngster behind the counter that.... :D
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
alan refail
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Can you still buy camp coffee?

You sure can! Click the pic!

The only reason that people of mine and Snooky's age thought that the coffee bars of the 1960s were so great is because the coffee with the frothy milk was not Camp coffee :!: In fact, casting my memory back, it was vile! As for the coffee shops, I don't use them. But I do make coffee three times a day with my Gaggia machine, using Waitrose espresso ground coffee and it's mind-blowingly good.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
alan refail
KG Regular

If you're a student of Camp coffee, you will have noticed that whereas the coffee wallah used to be standing

in these modern times he is rightly allowed to be seated

Given the development of language I love this parody

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Now who don't i like enough to send them a bottle of that jollop... :D
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Tried camp once many moons ago, the bottled stuff that is. REEEEEEEEEEvolting !!!!!!

Its on the dislike list up near the number one spot, jointly with the Marmite

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Have to work at keeping her awake in the evening for a bit. With no.4 son I didn't get a solid night's sleep for 2 years... :(
Monika
KG Regular

Now then: our nearest shopping place, the attractive market town of Skipton, has more than 20 coffee shops (honest!) and I must admit that my OH and I are regular customers to three of four of them. We have one cup of coffee a day but that has to be a "good" one. After all, we are retired, don't go on holidays, don't own a TV or any other time-guzzling devices, so we stroll into town (about 35 minutes good walk), have a coffee, do a crossword or two, probably have a chat with other regulars and amble back. weather permitting. If it is raining, the whole trip is motorised.

But, yes, we really enjoy it and please don't begrudge us this simple pleasure.
Westi
KG Regular

We go to one of these but it is our end of the shopping treat & where we go is in the square & there is quite often an event going on, be it a band or even some belly dancing, weird but true, & quite bizarre! We sit outside with whatever we fancy, & not necessarily coffee. (Hot chocolate is great). Find ourselves totally engrossed at times - & well over the shopping stresses!

Yep! We're the couple squabbling & taking stuff out of trolley & tutting to each other, then sneaking it back in! :D

Westi
Westi
Pawty
KG Regular

We live in a small market town (romsey) and the coffee shops have been multiplying over the years .... There are many.

I was listening to a couple of ladies in waitrose the other day when one of them said 'what this place needs is a cafe' - I almost wet myself with laughter ......
dan3008
KG Regular

in her defence, waitrose cafe is amazing :D
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Motherwoman
KG Regular

I don't begrudge people sitting in coffee shops but there were a lot of people of non-retired age in there (without laptops!!) and I never seem to find the time... :( Just wondered how they managed it!

I suppose so much shopping is done on the internet that some shops have become superfluous and at least it keeps the town centres occupied.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic