Unfortunate names

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

Something to keep you busy during the long dark nights.

What's your favourite brand name which might put British consumers off?

If you've travelled in France you surely have been tempted by a refreshing glass of Pschitt :wink:

But if you were in South Korea would you quench your thirst with a swig of this?

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Alan, i don't know where you manage to find these little gems but, i'm sure glad you do, as they always make me chuckle... :D
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
alan refail
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Dear Alan, i don't know where you manage to find these little gems but, i'm sure glad you do, as they always make me chuckle... :D

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
dan3008
KG Regular

my favourite is actually from ikea
Godis skum:
godis-skum-ikea.jpeg
godis-skum-ikea.jpeg (29.76 KiB) Viewed 3627 times

and Godis Frukt:
godis-frukt-ikea.jpeg
godis-frukt-ikea.jpeg (9.13 KiB) Viewed 3627 times

seems like the names are designed to offend... although, apparently Godis basically means sweet or gum, skum is foam (godis skum are marshmallows) and frukt is fruit (godis fruct is fruit chews)

Or if you want a really unfortunate name, theres always my name, Daniel Radcliffe... born a year after the actor, I hated it when harry potter came out with him...
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
alan refail
KG Regular

dan3008 wrote:Or if you want a really unfortunate name, theres always my name, Daniel Radcliffe... born a year after the actor, I hated it when harry potter came out with him...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
snooky
KG Regular

I am no prude but I hate seeing the f.c.u.k. logo.
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
dan3008
KG Regular

I got loads around. but here are my favourite:

A** Pearls... I don't even want to know
assperls.jpg
assperls.jpg (60.22 KiB) Viewed 3563 times

cream colon - I think its a knock off twinky ... I'll never understand the attraction of cream in a fried sponge...
creamcolon.jpg
creamcolon.jpg (109.44 KiB) Viewed 3563 times

Super Black Love - REALLY??? Worst bit, this one is from an English company so they dont even have the bad translation excuse
superblacklove.jpg
superblacklove.jpg (356.12 KiB) Viewed 3563 times

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
alan refail
KG Regular

peter
KG Regular

Back in the eighties the big cheese in business word processng systems was Wang.

Doing a Disaster Recovery test of our ICL mainframe at a BT site in central London, I walked out of the building by the back door into the industrial estates delivery area and access for the second row of businesses. Wang had their customer support and engineering base in that second row.
Facing me above their door in letters three foot tall was the divisions official name.

Wang Care.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
dan3008
KG Regular

I dont have a picture, but I did a short stint during uni working for a hand car was... and it really was called
Mr Handy's Hand Job's

but their slogan was even worse:
"If your not happy with the hand job we give you, get your next one free"

I died a little bit inside every time I had to put on my uniform... Specially since my job position (on the back of my top) was "Junior Hand Job", while my boss was "Hand Job Master"

Primrose
KG Regular

I would have pretended I was dyslexic and put the T shirt on inside out !
dan3008
KG Regular

Prim, I am dyslexic lol - and i did, or put a jumper on over it lol

Pa Snip
KG Regular

1970's I used to work in retail so dealt with numerous cheques every day which amounted to hundreds, if not thousands every week

All those cheques and one sticks out in my mind even now, 40+ years later

Mrs & Mrs Clapsaddle

I have often wondered how bad her maiden name must have been :D

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
peter
KG Regular

Processing poll tax bills one year the operators came rolling out of the guillotine / collating / envelope room unable to talk waving a single bill. Doubtless a very respectable elderly lady.

Miss Fanny Petts
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
dan3008
KG Regular

when I was with sally army, we had mr & mrs Major Prat... and my dad new a Captain Scarlet when he was with MOD

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic