Early Winter Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Now they were the days Pa Snip, i used to love Christmas Eve, when i used to frequent pubs on a regular basis.... :D

I still do love Christmas Eve, just in a different way.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Yep, as teenagers a group of us used to walk to the local village pub on Christmas Eve and have a really enjoyable evening before merrily walking home again. Without causing mayhem on the way.

Don't get me reflecting upon those times, not sure I could cope with all the memories.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
robo
KG Regular

Pa snip on your second photo ,would that be the navigation lights on father Christmases go cart I can see
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Well spotted Robo, amazing powers he has though.
Flew right across in front of the moon, perfect silhouette and during those few seconds there was nothing I could do to get the camera to focus. Then as soon as the moons face had been cleared the camera focus and I got another picture going off into the distance

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Unfortunately D T Brown seeds and their associated companies have had to withdraw "The Kelsae" onion from sale for 2016 season due to a freak storm wiping out their seed crop this year. My plan was that I would sow 'The Kelsae' seeds on Boxing day this year in hope of either my daughter or I being able to show them at our little local show in September.

Not being one to be defeated by a mishap I am sowing "Mammoth Improved" today instead

Pa Snip
KG Regular

30/12/15 Mr & Mrs Snip get caught out.

Our local waste collection is usually on a Monday morning. However not when the Monday is a bank holiday such as this week was.
Having lost the card which informed us of when the alternative collection was it came as no real surprise when Mrs Snip suddenly appeared saying that one set of the bin men (council operatives who collect the recycling waste bin as opposed to the operatives who collect the rubbish bin and food leftover recycling bin) were in our road and our bins were not out.

Both of us dashed outside with only our dressing gowns and slippers on, the collection lorry hadn't reached us yet, it was just 4 doors away. Our 3 bins went out just in time, phew.

It was just as we positioned our bins on the pavement, as the operatives approached, that both Mrs Snip and I discovered just how blustery the wind is this morning !!!!!!! Result was Mr & Mrs Snip :oops: :oops:
.................................................................and 4 council operatives :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

peter
KG Regular

Actually had some frost here!

After the rain tried beating it's way into the house earlier on New Years Eve. :?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic