Early Winter Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

I'm pleased to say our neighbours enjoy our lights.

Our immediate next door neighbour also doesn't need to switch the loo light on during the night. :)

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Visited the plot yesterday.

We have the following vegetable selection freshly harvested for Christmas and Boxing day
Brukale, Sprouts, Carrot, Butternut Squash, Beetroot, Purple Sprouting Broccoli,

Also got some Sarpo Mira potatoes, Garlic and Shallots left from this years crops to enjoy.

We have one item that we were told would no longer be available on Christmas day ..................... Pa(r)Snip :D

Daughter has been taking some of our excess crops to the local organisation who are providing food for local elderly and homeless people over Christmas. The organisers were so pleased to be offered fresh veg, they mainly get given tinned.
We hope they enjoy.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Sounds a good list Pa Snip.

For the first time in 30 years I'm not cooking Christmas dinner, No.2 son and his good lady are cooking at their place. I'm looking forward to it as I know it will be a good meal but I feel slightly lost as though there is something I should be doing! I am in charge of bread sauce though and No.1 son and wife are in charge of puddings. Was going to be a meal for 10 but is now down to 9 as No.3 son is unwell and doesn't fancy bouncing up and down on the hovercraft today to get here, quite apart from spreading his germs about!

What's the largest number you all have sitting down to dinner tomorrow?
Pa Snip
KG Regular

A mere 6 of us>

Enjoy yourself MW, make the most of not having to do anything other than be the bread(sauce) winner

Pa Snip
KG Regular

08:00 Thursday morning... Santa starts his annual round the world trip

Something for the kids to pop in and out of today to see how he is getting on

http://www.noradsanta.org/

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Just going to pick up the Turkey from our local farmer....

Swan is off the menu this year, as the Queen sent me a letter stating...."i'm not amused".... :D
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
alan refail
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Swan is off the menu this year, as the Queen sent me a letter stating...."i'm not amused".... :D

More than enough round here most winters :roll:

elyrch.jpg
elyrch.jpg (164.23 KiB) Viewed 2813 times
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Don't know how you two (Alan & OH) have got time to go swanning around

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Maybe they have moved to safer ground. :D

robo
KG Regular

I don't think we would get a full swan in the oven anyway they taste a bit fishy ,we are going to our eldest daughters for dinner there will be 12 of us we normally have fancy dress but my son in laws mother passed away on Sunday so it will be a bit low key this year but not to low key
Pa Snip
KG Regular

In days gone by when swan was on the menu of royalty they sometimes had trouble lighting the fire

until that is someone suggested

try a large box of Swan Vesta

alan refail
KG Regular

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Can anyone else see that huge moon out there, i can't remember seeing a Christmas moon like this one, for many a year....it looks quite special.

Pa Snip
KG Regular

OH

Makes total sense to me, its Christmas and lots of people are on the moonshine :D Some more than others :lol:

Pa Snip
KG Regular

DSC_291101.jpg
DSC_291101.jpg (20.67 KiB) Viewed 2777 times

DSC_291505.jpg
DSC_291505.jpg (20.65 KiB) Viewed 2777 times

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic