Early Winter Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Primrose
KG Regular

I certainly am. And I get confounded by recipes configured in grammes tooo. . This definitely counts as what our market veg stall holder defines as "queer gear" And i am never got to grips with the American weight of "cups" of flour or other ingredients either.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

There was a female buff tailed bumblebee on the winter honeysuckle yesterday afternoon. Never seen one so late.
dan3008
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING wrote:There was a female buff tailed bumblebee on the winter honeysuckle yesterday afternoon. Never seen one so late.

:shock: next years going to be all messed up for bugs :( not good not good
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
WestHamRon
KG Regular

Primrose wrote:I certainly am. And I get confounded by recipes configured in grammes tooo. . This definitely counts as what our market veg stall holder defines as "queer gear" And i am never got to grips with the American weight of "cups" of flour or other ingredients either.

They're just mental IMO.
Westi
KG Regular

I much prefer to measure in cups - so easy. Bought a set of metal measuring cups relatively cheaply and as most recipes online are in cups (USA or Aussie) they come in useful. Get just as good results as well.

Westi
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Just come back from lovely Christmas carol service at our Church....although it was saddened a little by my Nephew telling me, he had just had his car broken into and they had stolen all the Christmas presents that he had just bought. He had only left his car for ten minutes to get his girlfriend.....there sure are some nasty people out there.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

Sign of the times OH and very sad that peoples' Christmasses have been ruined.
Were they in the body of the car or in the boot?
We have learned never to leave anything visible in a car these days after the number of thefts which happen round here. I am still surprised how many people still leave laptops, satnavs, even handbags on view when they leave their cars unattended, even for a few minutes. Sadly there are those who will always smash a window in the hope that whatever is there will bring them a few quid.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Primrose, he had left them on the backseat, but he thought they were out of site, as he has tinted back windows.....a hard lesson learnt and the annoyance of having to get the window replaced...i wonder who will be given the stolen gifts for their Christmas presents. :evil:

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning Pa Snip, and what do you have planned for today, old bean??? :D

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Damn good question dear boy.

Good morning to you as well

Quite a bit needs doing but grounds damp.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Pa Snip
KG Regular

What about you, any plans for today

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well i'm not working proper today but, i am taking some pots of hyacinths that i have grown, round to my customers.... a little thing i know, but i do enjoy doing it. Apart from that, it's feeding a few cats for people that are away and just a lot of little jobs that i have been meaning to do for ages. So there you have it old thing.... :D

Motherwoman
KG Regular

I probably should put up some decorations....

And old dog wants a widdle so walking in the dark, wind and rain is probably next on the agenda.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Suffering From Wind

no I haven't got a bad bout of flatulence, although have been known to spout hot air from time to time. No, this is wind of the weather variety. Some strong gusts here at times this morning.

Hoping the Christmas lights at front of house don't get blown down.

I put 2,500 lights up Friday night and Saturday morning, here's hoping they stay up.

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

We would love a night time picture, Pa Snip, if at all :D possible....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic