Today I have been mostly.........

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Chantal
KG Regular

I had planned to go to the lottie after work yesterday but at 5.30pm, just as I was about to go, the thunder started. Not being good with thunder and also not wishing to drown in the threatened deluge, I stayed at home. The thunder lasted until 7pm but NO RAIN (until 9pm). As I had Italian at 8pm it was too late to go and I wasted a whole evening by being a chicken. I could have done so much in a couple of hours too... :cry: And it's looking well dodgy here this morning. :cry:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Tigger
KG Regular

Perfect weather today for picnic preparation! There's some lovely aromas emanating from the ovens.

Can't wait for tomorrow. :!: :lol:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Tigger it's bad enough not being able to go to Malvern and taste that delicious food, without you telling us about how there are lovely aromas emanating from your oven. :twisted:
If you continue to make these statements i will have no option but to come round and smack some bare flesh, and that goes for you all. :wink:

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

Theres no fool like an old fool.
pigletwillie
KG Regular

We have been on the plot since I got hom,e from my night shift this morning at 7.30am.

Its a case of get everything in the ground as we are on holiday next week and time is tight. With this in mind some more tomatoes went out all wrapped in fleece along with a dozen tray of flowers for cuting (dwarf sunflowers, echinacea, cosmos, annual lavatera, cornflower, rudbeckia, statice, nicotiana, agastache). Next week just before we go its out with the sweetcorn pumpkins and squash.

Dont panic, all of the above have been sat outside the greenhouse for nearly 3 weeks and are well hardened off. We just have to hope that jack frost stays away, although last year everything went out a week earlier as again we were away for the last 2 weeks of May and we got away with it.
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Compo
KG Regular

Went out to a wedding reception, last night. four pints and am struggling today, four pints at age of 47.......and a moderate head today, wouldnt have touched the side ten years ago!! Thinking of going T-total!! So will go up the plot for a bit now, do some work and work it off, good luck to all you Malvernees today, anyone going to the Bath and West Show at end of month???

Compo
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
Deb P
KG Regular

Moaning about not being able :cry: to be at Malvern.....
Tigger
KG Regular

Guess? Smug grin! :mrgreen:
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Me too, really smug grin :D :D :twisted:
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
seedling
KG Regular

Me too. Such a big grin the top of my head is coming off :D :D
Chantal
KG Regular

Smug is my middle name 8) Bloody tired paws though... :shock:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic