Don't panic.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Geoff
KG Regular

Nothing wrong when you get used to it I think. At least our little band is still together, they could have taken the easy option and pulled the plug. Thanks for your efforts to keep it going.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Geoff wrote: At least our little band is still together, they could have taken the easy option and pulled the plug. Thanks for your efforts to keep it going.

and I will second that. Geoff is spot on, it would have been so easy to pull the plug.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I've just logged on after having my second cataract operation on Monday and wondered what had happened to the forum. Thank goodness it isn't my eyes playing up :shock:
alan refail
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING wrote:I've just logged on after having my second cataract operation on Monday and wondered what had happened to the forum. Thank goodness it isn't my eyes playing up :shock:

I'm glad to hear you've had your second operation and hope both your eyes are as successfully restored as mine.

Thinking back to before my operations, I really do not think I could have coped with this new colour scheme. The white on pastel green/duck-egg blue (?) is especially cruel to those forum members with vision problems. If there is one improvement I would suggest it would be to replace that with something in higher contrast.

At least we can still type in black on white and not something barely legible.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
John
KG Regular

I'm not too fussed about the colours.
However why does the page now spread itself right across the screen. It seems to have been optimised for the handheld brigade who love poking and swiping their little screens. I have a desktop with a large screen and posts are displayed as long lengths of text stretched out right across the page. This machine also displays phpBB as the main heading whereas my laptop shows 'Kitchen Garden' - on both I use Firefox. In that other browser that some use, the heading is displayed correctly on both machines.

This has been mentioned before about the old version - when you hover over a forum or topic heading it changes to the same colour as the topics where there are some unread postings. A different colour is needed surely - oops sorry did I call you Shirley (Airplane!).
Regards
John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Pa Snip
KG Regular

I've looked and looked and I can't find.................................................

A link that brings up a page showing our own past posts.

Dare I say there used to be one :?

I am trying to find something I posted and cant remember which forum it was in or the subject it was in response to.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
alan refail
KG Regular

Pa Snip wrote:I've looked and looked and I can't find.................................................

A link that brings up a page showing our own past posts.

Dare I say there used to be one :?

I am trying to find something I posted and cant remember which forum it was in or the subject it was in response to.

Hi Pa Snip

It seems unchanged. Go to your profile and click on "Search user's posts".
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING wrote:I've just logged on after having my second cataract operation on Monday and wondered what had happened to the forum. Thank goodness it isn't my eyes playing up :shock:

You just reminded me of the time I had repairs done to a damaged retina then they replaced the lens in both eyes with prosthetic lens. The recovery period was scary but our desktop computer helped because I could change the contrast to white on black or various other options.

I hope your recovery isn't as scary as mine was but now my vision is so good I don't need to wear specs at all though for some reading and motorway driving specs improve my vision even more.

Number plate on the moon ? No problem.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

alan refail wrote:
Hi Pa Snip

It seems unchanged. Go to your profile and click on "Search user's posts".

Thanks Alan for the quick reply.

peter
KG Regular

Next topic button, is it me or has it been a casualty of the change?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Primrose
KG Regular

I find the stark white background very high in glare factor with my vision difficulty. is there any chance of a very pale green background rather than white to reduce this problem? I have turned my tablet lighting setting down a little to try and compensate but it's still difficult to read.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

My eye is a bit sore thank you, but it is such a treat to have both eyes working in unison and everything clear and bright ( even if this page is a bit on the bright side now :D ) I feel like reading, sewing, painting and all the other things I've stopped doing while my eyes have been bad. It has been very wearing having each eye sending a completely different message to my brain and rubbish sight in both and then one.

I feel so grateful to see clearly again that I've just sent a donation to Sightsavers for cataract surgery for a child, and until 15th December the Government is match funding all donations.
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I also felt very lonely and perhaps verging on depressive, feeling sorry for myself is possibly a better description. Then overcome with gratitude when it was clear my sight was to be better than it ever had been.

It was October and I'm wandering around the house with a patch over one eye, the other eye was recovering from surgery and I'm home alone. There is a knock on the door and I answer the door, I don't know to this day why I did that because Im vulnerable. It was two boys who lived further down the valley inviting me to trick-or-treat, they were very apologetic and I remember wanting to invite them in just for the company but I didn't know them.

Yes, it's a lonely place loosing your sight.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Richard I cant say for sure that I know how you felt, or are still feeling and this is going to sound very harsh.
It isn't meant to but I write as I feel and never never been one to mince words.

Losing your sight still leaves you with touch, sound and taste. It leaves you alive although you may feel as if life has dealt a cruel blow.
There is still a future out there.

Lucky for some ! I, and I suspect a few others on here, wish !

On thread topic, see we had another spammer join us early this morning. Wonder how comes there is a sudden attraction to the site.

Primrose
KG Regular

Pa Snap, I suspect the spammers are being attracted in by the delicious fragrance of your manure!
I think I may have caught a snatch of it on the strong breeze blowing in this direction this morning :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic