Don't panic.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

:D I've got broad shoulders, I can carry the can :D

The wind is certainly blowing in your direction

And now to bring disillusionment to the proceedings, that composted manure doesn't smell :lol:

Nothings as it used to be, there is probably an EU directive about it

I'm going to select next years potato varieties soon, be able to have spam and chips

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Pa Snip wrote:Richard I cant say for sure that I know how you felt, or are still feeling and this is going to sound very harsh.
It isn't meant to but I write as I feel and never never been one to mince words.

You don't need to mince words with me, the problem was self-pity. I still get waves of it occasionally when I'm feeling down for other reasons.

Self pity is also a lonely place. I rarely feel sorry for myself though I do suffer self pity.

It doesn't help.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
sarwanov
KG Regular

I really like the post.Its very interesting indeed.
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Hello

A quick update... We now have a darker green. Is that better? We have got rid of the question mark for those without an avatar (who haven't specified gender).

And... the width of the site will never go wider than 1024 pixels, so it won't fill the screen if you have a wide monitor.

Please keep the feedback coming :)
alan refail
KG Regular

As I was one who commented on the pastel green, I thing the new green is a great improvement.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
KGAdmin
Site Admin

alan refail wrote:As I was one who commented on the pastel green, I thing the new green is a great improvement.

Thanks Alan!
retropants
KG Regular

where is the button for finding posts that you have contributed to and have been updated, I can't remember what is was called, view your posts perhaps??

I prefer the darker green, the fluorescent green made me feel nauseated!
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Dark green much better, not as 'tacky' looking. Thanks

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Thanks the colour and width are much better :)
robo
KG Regular

It's marvelous what a sprinkling of lime mixed with a lawn tonic can do makes all the greens darker
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Dear Mr / Mrs/ Miss or MS IT person in admin

Sorry, cancel this request. I have just found out it does already exist under the Active Threads heading accessed via the quick links icon

Can I now ask if it is possible to make another alteration.

Whilst the 'New Post' list of Topics is quite good I personally do not find this new board quite as user friendly as the old one when it comes to posting on a thread that has not been used for a few hours or more

On the old board I am sure there was, on the top right hand side, a link headed 'Recent Posts'. Clicking on this bought up a whole list of recent threads and we had the option selecting how many posts we wanted to see, cant remember the exact choices but it automatically showed the last 7 days by default.
There was then a further option button for showing 2 weeks, one month or 3 months but could be wrong on precise choices.

Thanks in hopeful anticipation

Pa Snip

Pa Snip
KG Regular

retropants wrote:where is the button for finding posts that you have contributed to and have been updated, I can't remember what is was called, view your posts perhaps??

I prefer the darker green, the fluorescent green made me feel nauseated!

Hi Retro
I have just found something I thought was missing and I think what you are looking for can be accessed the same way.

Immediately under the Kitchen Garden Forum banner on top left there is a icon with three horizontal lines on, hover cursor over it and it says 'quick links'
click on it and a drop down window appears giving you a number of options

Think that will solve it for you

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

It works well for me, as i still hadn't got to grips with the old site, that we had for years.... :D

Dark green is good.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
retropants
KG Regular

Thank you Pa Snip! That is exactly what I was looking for :D
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Yes, dark green is good, and, I can't think of a single thing to digress about. :)
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic