Don't panic.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

Is it just my imagination, or is the green getting darker by the day?
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Pa Snip
KG Regular

It will get lighter when the clocks go forward and daylight is longer

Its close to British Racing Green so perhaps its the speed at which you are looking at it :)

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Nice flag arrangement Alan.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Geoff
KG Regular

Any thoughts Peter as to why an upgrade has attracted more rubbish? Perhaps the spammers code was more up to date than the forum code so it didn't work!
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Intriguing isn't it Geoff.

I seem to recall I had the devils own job when I first tried to join the board, had to ring KG office and speak to someone who could sort it out for me.

Yet these plonkers are able to get on and post their puerile rubbish immediately.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
FredFromOssett
KG Regular

Yes, I know from other posts it's been done for a few days, but...
Thanks for the more restful green on the forum. Perhaps it was so restful that when I logged on a few days ago it sent me to sleep and I've only just woken.
Just goes to show though that our gripes are listened to; thanks again.
Primrose
KG Regular

The darker green is much better visually so thank you for that change. I'm still struggling with the glare of black print on a stark white background rather than perhaps a very pale green (for example) background but I guess my vision defects will just have to try and live with that.

There seem to be all kinds of problems out in the ether at the moment, not all connected with spammers. I send out a group circulation weekly email for an organisation I'm connected with and for the past fortnight all my emails to Tiscali users have been rejected with the message "bounced by Administrator". A TalkTalk user I know (they bought Tiscali a while back) was having major problems and in the process of trying to correct it I gather they downloaded about 2,000 old emails onto to his mobile phone !! if you're not a techie it's a nightmare trying to get all these issues sorted. I suspect even the techies sometimes struggle too - the IT world is moving so quickly it must be a struggle to keep up.
dan3008
KG Regular

Primrose wrote:I'm still struggling with the glare of black print on a stark white background rather than perhaps a very pale green (for example) background but I guess my vision defects will just have to try and live with that.

I have the same problems, but because of my dyslexia rather than vision problems... I guess we just have to learn to live with it for now

Primrose wrote:I suspect even the techies sometimes struggle too - the IT world is moving so quickly it must be a struggle to keep up.

Techies struggle the worst with IT, because noone actually tries to teach us about the changes... but exspect us to know it straight off the bat, and to teach everyone else lol
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
John
KG Regular

Hello Primrose
I wonder if your problem with the black text on a glaring white background could be something to do with the settings on your display. I get a very light grey background with dark grey text. Outside of this area there are borders of a mid-grey. All displays will some means of altering brightness, contrast, colour balance etc. It's just a matter of digging about to try and find where they are - my laptop even has some simple key presses that change the more obvious things. They usually have a preview option so you can play about with things before committing to a change.

John
Last edited by John on Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Catherine
KG Regular

Like this colour better, or am I just getting used to it :oops: But where are my private messages gone. I would like them back please.
peter
KG Regular

Catherine, mine are still there, it's the envelope icon, third in from the top right corner of the screen.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Catherine
KG Regular

Peter I have looked in there and there is only one message there. I am sure I had more than one message in the box.
Westi
KG Regular

Hi Catherine

Mine weren't in there yesterday but are now. Maybe they have fixed it.

Westi
Westi
Monika
KG Regular

Peter, where has the rubric "New Posts" gone, please? This is where I have always gone first, but it's no longer there!
Primrose
KG Regular

Just as a matter of interest, where is Report this Post? . Darned if I can see it, not that there's any particular post i want to report at the moment.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic