O.U.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Westi
KG Regular

Open Uni sent an e-mail today of new free courses via Future Learn, loads of them! But Food as Medicine caught my eye. Now scoff if you want, but my body tells me when I need something. OK not proven, but I get cravings for certain veg & other food & this is not just anticipation of what is growing, but what I have to buy from the supermarket as well!

4 weeks, a few hours a week, FREE! I signed up, maybe won't get what I think out of it but will engage the brain! Loads starting today, including this one, but signed up for a dementia one in September as well. Let's see hey? Food as medicine? Will keep in touch!

Westi
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Now that's interesting Westi, i do hope you get on o.k with it....we will all be asking health questions.... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
dan3008
KG Regular

I've been doing future learn courses for a while now westi. They are really good. But dont bother paying for the certificate at the end. Food as medicine caught my eye too, but it starts the same week as understanding anxiety and depression course I'm doing with them.

To be honest, they over estimate the time it takes too. I did science of nutrition, and that said 4 hours a week over 4 weeks... I did each week in an hour :/ but I did study a nutrition degree so I expected the 100% I got ;) lol
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Geoff
KG Regular

but signed up for a dementia one in September as well

Let us know the date and we'll remind you.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Geoff.... :D
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
dan3008
KG Regular

Geoff wrote:
but signed up for a dementia one in September as well

Let us know the date and we'll remind you.

Ah, I knew there was one id forgotten
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Westi
KG Regular

Good One Geoff! :lol:

Fortunately you will be relieved to know you don't have to remind me as they will, that hopefully will leave a bit of space on your 'to do' list! Come on admit it - you've got one! I've got one, but a bit useless really as other events (Weather, pests, weeds) take priority over my 'to do' list!

I think I may be a bit psychic - I comment on something from one module on this course & then it pops up on the next! Just hope they will count it toward my nursing re-validation we have to do now, hence the subject matter!

Westi
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic