Frilly sprouts

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pawty
KG Regular

Hi, I've also got a tray of these in the cold frame..... Hadn't thought about numbers..... I probably have too many. How big should you let them grow befor planting them out? Going to cover with a net tunnel from the start .... Ideal pigeon food!
Geoff
KG Regular

I raise all my Brassicas in 12 modules then pot them on into 3½". Let them grow a good root system by which time they usually have six proper leaves and then plant them out. I have often let them get quite pot bound but this year I am trying to plant when they are just nicely filling the pots to see if they establish any quicker.
Westi
KG Regular

I planted mine out last week. They look very happy, but that is because I got the timing right for the weather - not intentional I add! The only reason I planted was because they got nice & big & have thrived, unlike many of my other brassica's which went leggy or just didn't germinate, even including the kale which usually is no bother!

They are quite a handsome plant already with the red tint on the edge of the leaves, glad I put them at the front of the brassica bed.

Westi
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic