How to stop your nuisance calls

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Catherine
KG Regular

Is anyone watching the programme on Channel 4 now on how to stop nuisance calls. It is very interesting. Watch on catchup if you get the chance.
John
KG Regular

Hello Catherine
Sounds interesting.
How do you watch catch up of CH4 programmes. Do they have their own 'IPlayer' - can't find anything on my TV.
Thanks
John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
peter
KG Regular

Yes go to their website Catchup page at http://www.channel4.com/programmes/catchup
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Catherine
KG Regular

Sorry John I thought it would be shown on Channel 4 Sky catch up. I must admit I have never tried to watch anything on catchup but Peter has posted a link for you to watch. It was a very interesting programme and I hope it is shown again soon.
robo
KG Regular

The easiest was to stop nuisance calls is to ask your provider for call recognition if you don't recognise the number don't answer the phone call recognition is free with virgin I don't know about other providers
Catherine
KG Regular

I agree that if you don't recognise the number don't answer, but they are getting clever now and are using a local STD code in our case 01282 when you see that you answer and they are through. We've had four calls today two automatic messages and two with live people. :evil: I even get them on my mobile. I believe that you can now register your mobile on the TPS. That's my next job
Primrose
KG Regular

I don't know about stopping nuisance calls.

More worryingly, I am getting occasional messages flash up "You are not authorised to use this forum" when I try to log onto this site, and then it thinks about it and decides to let me in . Is anybody else having a similar problem? I've been having a few techie issues over the past few days so perhaps something to do with my computer, but I'd hate the thought of being blacklisted :(
Westi
KG Regular

Goodness Primrose! There would be a revolt if that happened! Worry not about that - definitely
never black listed! x

Westi
Westi
Stephen
KG Regular

I'm going to keep a referee's whistle to hand for future calls.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Catherine
KG Regular

I had another one yesterday an indian call centre who said that they were from BT and had my name, post code and telephone number and wanted me to confirm these details. When I said I was registered with the TPS you could hear a groan down the line. I just said I was not confirming anything and to take me off his data base. Then I put the phone down.

I must say I feel sorry for the people who have to do this job. Everyone needs to work, I think that it is the companies who employ them that are at fault.
robo
KG Regular

We tried a whistle I've tried abuse nothing deterred them then I bought a call blocker it's one ofthe best things I've ever bought
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic