P'd off.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

4th September I had my 3x1cm kidney stone lasered.
Came round to be told I'd been fitted with a stent twixt kidney and bladder.
No exercise allowed, that extended to "don't lift or carry a shopping bag", asked if dog walks were allowed, "yes".
Appointment given of 9th October for stent removal and potential laser in / hoovering of any fragments of stone remaining.

Found that dog walks are not on, unless I go at the pace of a slug.
My "output" changes from cider to apple & raspberry, told that's too much exercise making the stent rub on my tubes!

So really looking forward to the 9th I'm contacted on Thursday morning by my surgeon's PA who tells me I'm being bumped to 26th due to an emergency case!

Now I'm the last person to obstruct an emergency, but can't quite see why another non urgent case couldn't be bumped instead, ( i. e. Someone whose waiting for their initial lasering), and I said so. All my autumn, work, social, rugby club fund raising, allotment and home maintenance commitments mucked up. e.g. no digging until mid November. The PA said she'd discuss it with the surgeon and get back to me. :(

Friday lunchtime I've heard nothing and chase her, oh yes the discussion has taken place and best case is I'll be done on the 9th, but worst case is it'll be 26th still, because the laser machine is broken! :cry:

Victor Meldreth moment, "I don't belieeeve it!" :shock:

Friday 6pm she rings back, the laser has been fixed, you need to have blood and swabs done tomorrow! :D :?

This needle phobic has now managed second ever blood test, first unaccompanied and is praying nothing else goes wrong between now and Friday :D
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Afternoon Peter, i did ask how you were getting on about a week ago, but you chose to ingnore me.....i'm sure you just missed it..... :)

Anyway, i'm not one to bare grudges so, sounds as if you are having a right old time of it. I can quite understand why you are getting so frustrated as well, so i do hope it will be sooner than later, regarding your appointment.

A least there are a few rugby matches to watch at the moment.....
I have the snacks ready for England-Australia game, already... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
robo
KG Regular

Hi peter i wish you luck im stuck in the middle of it all myself but im still in hospital, yesterday i was informed they thought i had a hole in my heart and needed a scan i could not have an angiogram as ive a blood clot in my heart, got back to the ward around 5 oclock at 5-30 i was told by a very young assistant to the consultant i had got a hole it is in the form of a flap it is not leaking at present but could open anytime if it does its compost time for me, her boss was on the phone to liverpool heart hospital asking them would they operate which i think they where refusing when i asked her what was going to happen next she ran off crying, 6 oclock was visiting time when i told my daughters the bad news as expected there where floods of tears ,7 oclock my youngest daughter decided to find someone to talk too it was the nurse who was looking after me ,she said to my daughter as soon as she had finnished on the phone she would come and see me, when she arrived she said she had just finnished talking on the phone with the consultant who had informed her liverpool heart hospital had reviewed the scans and the are of the opinion that there is no hole but scare tissue as they are the top people in the country they are listened too , now ive still got the blood clot but i think i might have a life
after all im not back on the warferine but i am on blood thinning injections but i cant help thinking the warferine might have been cancelled just incase its a hole,it is a worry
peter
KG Regular

OH, I did indeed miss it, sorry.

Rob, I know my issue is minor compared to many and count my blessings.

More a rant letting off some steam than anything else and annoyed at having to let people down. Just back from watching Redruth get stuffed by my club, only managed an hour doing the pitchside bar before I had to go and lie down where I could still see the game,. :?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Peter I don't think your issue is minor at all.

I just hope you haven't got on the 'lets keep shifting him around list', Yes I am sure there is one !! :)

Good luck to both Peter and Robo, and for that matter anyone else who is going through a rough time health wise.
Last edited by Pa Snip on Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Primrose
KG Regular

Peter and Robo. You're both going through really fraught times. i do hope the uncertainty is soon sorted out for you both so you can get your health and lives back on track. It's immensely worrying and frustrating to be stuck in the middle of all these problems. There's never a good time for these things to happen. Wishing you both well.......and soon!
alan refail
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:A least there are a few rugby matches to watch at the moment.....
I have the snacks ready for England-Australia game, already... :)

A few slices of Humble Pie? :twisted:
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
snooky
KG Regular

Wounded by a Dragon;slain by a Wallaby!
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

You lot always make me smile.... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
dan3008
KG Regular

:( Keeping you both in my thoughts and in my prayers

Speedy recovery for the both of you :)
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
peter
KG Regular

Sat waiting in my hospital room.

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Peter good luck

Robo hope things are improving for you.

Just on my way to hospital for CT scan, see what the last 6months of chemo has achieved. Won't find out until end of next week though.

What I need now is to try and quickly rebuild some energy so I can get back to the plot. :roll:

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I hope the sunshine lifts your spirits and that you all feel much better soon.
robo
KG Regular

There is a possibility I can get out by Sunday they are waiting for my blood to thin then it's 2 to 3 months on warfarin then a cat scan and an angiogram to find out what damage I've sustained , the hospital I am in is top class i could not have wished to meet more dedicated people than the ones here from the cleaners right through to the consultants but it's been frightening when you are told you could go any time it brings life into a different perspective,
Primrose
KG Regular

Pa Snip, Peter, Robo.
You're all going theiugh the mill at the moment and I hope your various problems all have a good outcome. These things are stressful and It's not pleasant having illness lurking in the background
Hope the current sinshine will lighten all your spirits a little. .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic