Oops

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Catherine
KG Regular

Off to work this morning and my OH rang me on the mobile to say he had had an accident. I was about to return home thinking the worst, only to find that he had dropped a bottle of pickle on the edge of the glass on our induction hob and broken it. :( One ring not working now. that is the Oops
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

My partner did something similar, he dropped a cup and tried to catch it but managed to fling it back into the air for it to come down with even greater force and smash the glass hob.... ooops!!!!!!! :shock:
Catherine
KG Regular

Actually I am secretly glad :) as I have never like this hob. We had a Neff induction originally and a circuit blew which would cost about £180 to replace, the hob was 10 years old so we didn't think that it would last so we got a new one (not a Neff) as a temporary measure as we did think we would be replacing the kitchen, which is a good 20 years old and needs it. Well two years on we are no closer to getting a new kitchen. :( (this hob surges when you put anything on even on a low light, so you can have a sauce simmering and all of a sudden the heat rises and it bubbles and then goes off and then surges again) it drives me mad. So I am being very understanding on this accident :) as I might, if I am patient, get the hob of my dreams :D :D :D (I do a lot of cooking)
Westi
KG Regular

God Luck with the new hob Catherine!

Know exactly what you mean regarding the long wait for a new kitchen. Got mine last year after an 18 yr wait but only because we had overpaid on the mortgage endowment, (terrified it would not match the mortgage so paid a bit more each month for the last 5 yrs or so).

Was a pleasant surprise indeed, so the kitchen & bathroom were done! .

It's an expensive old game getting a new kitchen, all the little extras that crop up, but we got it just before Xmas so they had 30% off. It's just a standard kitchen, but indeed posh compared to the Wimpy special that came with the house!

Westi
Westi
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I never got on with electric hobs, though I did try. I need to be able to turn the heat off.

Within a couple of years of buying the barn I ripped the that iron-topped hob out and replaced it with a Neff gas hob. We don't have mains gas so I have a propane store outside in one of the wood-stores.

Considering I used to build hand-crafted kitchens we still retain the original Naff (Not Neff) units though I did make new doors.

Coblers children go barefoot.

The doors are very durable with a hand painted finish in acrylic rather than sprayed, if we have an accident or she wants a colour change it's easy though the doors would have been expensive to produce and don't look store-bought. The worktop is store-bought style, she hates it, I hate it but it's a big job replacing it.

I would like to replace the oven, bin the dishwasher to create extra storage (I wash dishes) and buy a fridge that doesn't dribble on the floor underneath and a freezer that doesn't freeze-up.

We have a side-by-side complete with water chiller and ice cube machine in the workshop/shed and that doesn't dribble or freeze up. What's happening ? Is it just old-cheap tack ?

An oven with accurate temperature control would be nice, our oven is tack.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic