Little darlings visited....

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

Our allotments last night. :evil:
Four plots hit.
Bean wigwam uprooted on first.
Plastic shed windows pushed and hosepipe taken on second.
Third had sweetpea wigwam knocked over and my wooden coldgrame thrown onto their cabbage cage breaking one support frame.
Mine had; both barrows bodily thrown one into raspberries other into goatrue, iron post uprooted and thrown into raspberries, three post n rail style home made fence panels kicked into bits, compost bins overturned and coldframe chucked.

I gained a three pronged fork and the hosepipe was abandoned on an a footpath outside the site.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Cider Boys
KG Regular

I'm sorry that you are the victims of mindless vandalism, I don't know what the answer is (I do really but modern society would not support it). It is very frustrating when our so called fellow countrymen (I won't use the politically correct countryperson as they are most probably male) have nothing better to do than wreck other peoples' efforts. We had a break-in where my oldest son keeps a lot of his machinery, the usual stuff got stolen tractor parts, tools and trailer sides and ramps. The police who are quite useless in detecting or preventing this sort of crime advised us not to replace any of the items too quickly as it is likely we would get a second visit in order to steal them again. Still it's good to learn the police were quite active in the area since at the same time both of my sons were caught by a mobile police camera going over 30 mph in a 30 mile limit, they were not too impressed. Let's hope they catch your vandals before they 'progress' to more serious crimes.

Best wishes

Barney
Westi
KG Regular

Blimey Peter - sorry.

Except for the chicken incident, we've only had stealing but no wanton damage like that. I'd say be grateful no one interrupted them - sounds like they were mindless thugs at heart.

Westi
Westi
Monika
KG Regular

Oh, Peter, how horrid. My commiserations. It must be so horrible to get to your allotment and see such wanton damage. At least, if someone steals your produce you can hope that they enjoy their ill-gotten gains, but damage .... awful.
Elaine
KG Regular

So sorry Peter, that's awful. It's so disturbing.
Our site has had quite a lot of that, the past two years and the damage they inflicted was horrendous. Poly tunnels slashed to ribbons, greenhouse glass smashed and plants uprooted, the contents of a shed emptied all over the plot, including a pot of white emulsion tipped over the plot holder's strawberry bed. I could go on.
One lot of lads were caught and under the Community payback scheme, they were supposed to come onto the plots and rectify the damage, escourted by a copper. Nobody wanted them on the site let alone their plots....unless they could get the kid on their own in the shed.....
They ended up mending the roads....with bad grace too by all accounts.
Happy with my lot
Johnboy
KG Regular

I don't know about little darlings I simply would doubt their parentage!
Out here in the styx we get more than our share of problems. I no longer lock anything away implement wise too much damage if you lock them away but chainsaws and strimmers etc are kept in the house which would then become burglary and a more severe punishment if caught.
Thefts in the area have risen dramatically over the last five years or so and only last week locally 300 lambs due to go to market disappeared in broad daylight apparently without anybody noticing anything untoward.
That took a small farmers livelihood away! Locally something of this magnitude has become a annual event.
JB.
robo
KG Regular

We have had 8 break inns on our allotment in the last twelve months ,as you say the police are good at catching anyone going over the speed limit but no use for anything else we cannot even get a visit from them when we report another incident all you get is a crime number, about three break inns ago the scroates left a tool they used to force shed doors with on the floor outside my shed I told the police I had put it inside my shed if they want to finger print it , I was told it would be a waste of time unless there was blood on it so they could get DNA off it never even came out to look at it
I'm sorry for your problems unfortunately it's part of life today
Beryl
KG Regular

I am so very sorry Peter. Makes our problems of the 4 legged kind seem very small. We have had vandalism but not on this scale. What mindless thugs do these things.

Beryl.
peter
KG Regular

Have been back again and broken into four sheds.
Nothing seems to be missing, but they left a bicycle propped against the gates with some pallets.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic