We now have a solo doggie!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Westi
KG Regular

Just like Richard, last night I had to say goodbye to my Springer Rio! There was no time for vets or anything, she went upstairs for her normal bedtime tummy chuckles but literally collapsed as soon as I sat down. I believe she had a massive stroke but on reflection I think she knew, as it took ages for me to get her in from the garden last night.

She just sat in her garden for ages doing nothing but the cat was running back & forward to her & coming in meowing at me, but she was fine; just wanting to sit with her nose in the breeze.

She is now buried in the garden with our other 2 Springers and we just have our 4 year old Wire haired Viszla, Ambush, who will miss her like crazy! I won't miss her hole digging for sure but will miss her gentle nature & spider catching in the greenhouse.

Westi
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Westi, very sorry to read about Rio.....i'm not sure if them going quickly like that, or having time to make the decision, is the easiest way, but which ever one it is, we certainly do miss them.

Hope you remember all the good times, Westi. xx
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Westi, both of us send you our heartfelt best wishes.

Although perhaps painful for us that surely has to be the best way for a dog to go, no lingering at the vets where I am convinced they sense what is about to happen.

Rio is over rainbow bridge with your other previous two springers

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Catherine
KG Regular

Really sorry to hear about your dog Rio. At least she wasn't sick for ages and suffering. Like OH said remember the good times. x
clairelv1
KG Regular

sorry to hear that ! i totally understand you because i have a cute dog as well and it got sick days ago ,i was so worried about it and fortunately it healed but it's good friend which is a very cut pug-dog was dead !
Pa Snip
KG Regular

This has probably been posted before. I hope it does not cause upset to anyone who has lost a pet recently.
Thinking of Westi's post made me look it up again this morning.

Oh how I would hope these words could be true and our beloved 'Skye' will be waiting for me. We lost her many years ago but the memory of her can still bring tears. She won a lifesaving medal and was featured on TV and a national newspaper for saving our granddaughter from drowning. Special indeed.

Rainbow Bridge

'There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colours. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigour; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; her eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.'

Author unknown.

Soppy ? Over sentimental ? yep on both counts but brings comfort to some

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Diane
KG Regular

Really sorry Westi - it always hurts. Be glad it was over quickly and that you were there with her.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Primrose
KG Regular

Very sorry to hear your news Westi. Parting from a much loved pet is always heartbreaking. I don't know whether a sudden parting like that is better or worse to cope with. Perhaps better for your pet but for the owner it is always very hard to bear.
Elaine
KG Regular

So sorry Westi.
Happy with my lot
robo
KG Regular

Very sorry for your loss westi
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I feel very sad for you Westi, have a huge hug.

We are finally to get new a Cocker puppy, I'm still weeping over Molly so I'm not altogether sure though we are now committed.

Peggylious Snowflake will have the name of Betti, if you want to know about Peggylivious you'll find her on Facebook.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
peter
KG Regular

On facebook under what name Richard, neither spelling you gave came up.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Westi
KG Regular

Hi Richard

It is indeed difficult to know the right time to move onto a new dog in the family. The thing is you never forget the old doggie & the new one is not a replacement but a whole new chapter. You will find yourself comparing, but you will also find a whole different character with with special traits of it's own & these will define the new dog in your memory.

We fortunately have Ambush Amber so will not be getting another dog to replace Rio - one is more than enough! :)

Westi
Westi
Westi
KG Regular

Found the site Richard! Got a little black baby joining the family then! They all look fit & healthy. Lovely little site as well!

Westi
Westi
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I possibly misspelt, Peggylicious Peter.

Hi Westi, Betti is black with a white splash on her nose, Betti's mum is all black. The lady who bred them is being torn apart by which puppy to keep so we were initially having an all-black. We don't want her to be upset about our wants so we are letting her have first choice which I always thought was the way things happen in doggy breeding.

The third puppy is probably spoken for, apparently it is very clingy, Cockers are very clingy enough.

As regards the timing, I found That without Molly I didn't have an excuse to go to the beach or walk up onto the fields and we bought a motorhome because we had a dog for doggy friendly weekends and holidays though I have enjoyed not getting up at 4.30 on summer mornings and the barn is much easier to keep clean.

We are both excited like silly children.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic