do i need to say sorry to my cut son ?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

clairelv1
KG Regular

nowadays everyone wants to be praised . so does my six years old son . he will pick up the clothes for school by himself every morning and always mind his profile ! it is so funny for a little boy .
i am so afraid that i did a terrible thing to him . i cut his hair . my skill is so terrible that i couldn't control to laugh when i finished . my son asked why i laughed ? i didn't dare to tell him just said " because what i did is so beautiful and i am so happy !" my son looks doubtful and asked again . i confirmed it was nice .so he didn't say anything else .
now i am so afraid if his friends told him what i did is so ugly . what should i say ? would he get angry ? or i should say sorry to him right now ?
Attachments
psbCAP5TIOW.jpg
psbCAP5TIOW.jpg (68.05 KiB) Viewed 4800 times
clairelv1
KG Regular

at least i would say sorry here !" i am so sorry my sweetheart !" forgive me please !! :lol: :D
Tony Hague
KG Regular

You are supposed to use a pudding basin, not a ramekin ! Apologies are well due, I think :lol:
Diane
KG Regular

Oh dear :( However, you are not alone. I once cut my daughter's fringe when she was little. It looked awful but her friends said nothing. What good friends she had.

Your son's hair isn't too bad. It's just a radical new style, tell him.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Cider Boys
KG Regular

Your son's hairstyle is the complete opposite of mine, however his will grow at the sides whilst mine will not grow on top.

Best wishes

Barney
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Don't worry, it will soon grow again. My sons had to put up with some very dodgy Beatles style haircuts until I started taking them to the barbers and they didn't seem to notice I'd made a mess of it :)
Last edited by PLUMPUDDING on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Geoff
KG Regular

How is this garden related? Did you use a hedge trimmer?
Primrose
KG Regular

Claire, Just tell him it's the latest fashion so you thiught he might like to try it but if he doesm,t like it, you will leave it longer next time.

But because there are some strange people on some of these forums (not suggesting any of us are :lol: ) but you know the sort of people I'm referring to, it might be safer not to display any more photos of your son somewhere where you don,t know actually know the people who might be checking in on them.

On second thoughts perhaps we ARE all strange people on here. We spend all our spare time trying to grow vegetables knowing that 90% of the time we'll defeated by slugs, snails, weeds or bad weather. Sensible people would just sit and relax in their gardens with a glass of beer and a good book!
clairelv1
KG Regular

Tony Hague wrote:You are supposed to use a pudding basin, not a ramekin ! Apologies are well due, I think :lol:

thank you ! my son eventually forgave me ! but i got warning that is "do not lie to him anymore !" i got lessons .
clairelv1
KG Regular

Diane wrote:Oh dear :( However, you are not alone. I once cut my daughter's fringe when she was little. It looked awful but her friends said nothing. What good friends she had.

Your son's hair isn't too bad. It's just a radical new style, tell him.

thank you dear ! i said and he forgave me ! so happy now !
clairelv1
KG Regular

thank you for your replies ! what i learned from this is that we really shouldn't" treat kids as kids " sometimes . they have their own thoughts even they look so young .

i will be honest in front of them .....
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Last time I had one like that was when the King asked me [very nicely] to join his Army for two years . Though I must confess it wasn't as bad as that.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I think you simply have to think back to when you were young, the same things upset children now, as they did then.

I had quite a hard childhood, so i always try my hardest not to be like that with my children, or anyone elses for that matter......it's as easy to be nice as it is nasty. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic