Spring has finally sprung, Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

robo
KG Regular

Pa snip, i hope all turns out well for you both , my wife had a stroke near 3 years ago up in the hills in spain, was we lucky ,any other country she would have been dead or a cabbage at best,( according to the specalist in england ),take every day as it comes ,enjoy as much as life as life will allow, my best wishes
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Forgot to say, the Swallows are back in the stable....
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Thank you everyone for your words, you are wonderful people.

Took a few pictures up the plot tonight. In a way it sort of sums things up.

Right now the plot is somewhat like my life,

has some growth already and a lot of blank space for good things to still develop

DSC_566003.jpg
DSC_566003.jpg (64.59 KiB) Viewed 4672 times

with a small area available for a bit of wildlife where tadpoles have spawned and are swimming

DSC_566407.jpg
DSC_566407.jpg (133.83 KiB) Viewed 4672 times

and where some things have yet to fully blossom

DSC_567417.jpg
DSC_567417.jpg (56.87 KiB) Viewed 4672 times

I have been told the chances of cure are in the range of slim to zero, that will not stop me thinking positive (at least for a while) what we do not know yet is what timescale we have.

So, My Recently Found Friends
With your encouragement Its upwards on onwards with the plot and I shall keep you posted with this seasons plot pics as much as I can.

Thank you all.
Last edited by Pa Snip on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Pa Snip
KG Regular

OH

I envy you those swallows. We have been lucky enough to see swallows in South Africa and watched them in awe as we wondered if they might be ones we had seen, or might see, at some point in the UK

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Afternoon Pa Snip, we put the stable up two years ago and a pair of swallows moved in nearly instantly, so this will be their third year of nesting, so very pleased.

We also had a hedgehog on the north terrace last night, not the biggest i've seen, but it was still very busy snuffling about.

Lovely pictures Parsnip.....

Oh, it's my silver wedding anniversary today, not that i suppose anyone is interested... :)

Pa Snip
KG Regular

[quote="oldherbaceous"]
We also had a hedgehog on the north terrace last night, not the biggest i've seen, but it was still very busy snuffling about.

Oh, it's my silver wedding anniversary today, not that i suppose anyone is interested... :)

"Au contraire" Of course we are interested,

Congratulations and may you have many more.

I wanted to use silver coloured text but there isn't that option and it wouldn't have stood out against the white background I doubt.

Good to hear that you have a hedgehog in the area as well, lets hope there's a mate around.

Primrose
KG Regular

Warmest congratulations and have a lovely day. Hope the sun is shinng for you wherever you are spending it. Carpe Diem !
peter
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:...

Just Cook who's booked her appointment with the parole board. :twisted:

Ours in October.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
donedigging
KG Regular

Congratulations OH,
We celebrated ours a couple of years ago.....
Hope you've given Cook the night off! :wink:
donedigging
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Thank you all for your thoughtful words.

I must admit, it hasn't been easy through the years........for cook...... :)

Geoff
KG Regular

You'll get used to it eventually - we are up to 43 next week.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Congratulations you are very lucky. I'm on my third try, but haven't risked getting married again - "once bitten ...." :D

It is beautiful gardening weather isn't it, slight frost this morning but lovely sunshine and nice and dry for digging and weeding. All the blossom and spring flowers are out - absolute bliss being in the garden. Hope it makes everyone feel as happy as I do.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

No sign of frost here when we awoke this morning, there was definitely a slight frosting during the early hours of yesterday morning though.

I still have a sneaking feeling nature might be leading us up the garden path to a false sense of security though.

Having said that I bit the bullet and planted the maincrop potatoes yesterday.
Just 24 seed potatoes each of Vales Emerald and Sarpo Mira.

As previously reported, the first earlies went in on 3/4/15

What is frustrating me at the moment is that I want to get a lot more peas sown, for Mrs Snip, but have run out of available guttering.

Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Spotted my first swallow limping along and not at all up to the usual aerobatics and speed so this one is looking for a good rest. Also heard our first cuckoo today.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Monika
KG Regular

Chiffchaff, willow warbler and blackcap are singing merrily on our village nature reserve and the first swallows have come over. Not heard the cuckoo yet but it should be here soon. My son spotted the first swift today - very early! We can see and hear the oystercatchers and curlews from the allotment and a pair of redshanks have arrived just round the corner. Spring must have sprung even here.

First carrots and beetroot are sown outside but the fleece is ready just in case ... We certainly had frost two nights ago. But the last few days have been beautiful - all day sunshine with just a very light easterly breeze. I am going through the house looking for any laundry to wash because it's drying so quickly!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic