St David's Day

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Happy St David's Day to all members / contributors in or from Wales.

Leeks-at-Malvern-Show.jpg
Leeks-at-Malvern-Show.jpg (107.37 KiB) Viewed 1632 times

I cannot claim to have grown these leeks myself, I Wish, the picture was taken at the Malvern Autumn Show

My own 'Saint Day' celebrations will be on April 23rd, this is just a good excuse to post another 'veg' picture on the site :D

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Beautiful leeks. The people of Wales have luckily got a national veg, what about English, Scottish and Irish? Do we have a national veg?

MW
Pa Snip
KG Regular

I think not MW, nearest Ireland get is by having a green manure and Scotland an attractant of Goldfinch's but I don't think many are keen on thistle roots on the plot.

Those of us that are English just get bloody fingers from the thorns on our national flower :lol:

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
WestHamRon
KG Regular

Not a vegetable, but I always think of apples as England's contribution.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic