Capilllary Matting

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Shallot Man
KG Regular

Just been given some capillary matting as a small present. I notice one side is green, tother is white. Might seem daft, but is there a top and bottom to this. :? :?
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Green side up.

I haven't a clue but I coulnt resist. :D
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

In this instance I used the Google side up. :D

Harrod Horticultural site says this:-

The capillary matting is easy to cut with scissors or a knife, is sold in metre lengths and can be used with the dark or light side uppermost. The white surface will reflect light and heat in the summer months to help ripen fruit and the darker surface - which varies between dark green, grey and black - attracts and retains heat during cooler periods

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Pa Snip . Many thanks. This site is like having an" Encyclopedia Britannica" Our younger readers wouldn't know what that is. :wink: :wink:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

It's alright Shallot Man, i googled "Encyclopedia Brittanicca" to see what it was..... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Come. Come. OH. I think I can hear a banana boat sounding it's horn on the Thames. :wink: :wink:

[Explanation to follow if required]
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Don't worry about the explanation Shallot Man, i looked in my very old set of Encyclopedi Britanica, that i have had from new....blow it, now i have given my age away. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

:D at above two replies

Dare I venture to suggest that it has been a long long time since a banana boat last used the Thames,
probably about the time HMS Troutbridge sailed the airwaves. :)

Conversation has bought back to mind the times of my youth when my parents frequently dealt with door to door salesmen who were trying to sell them sets of Encyclopaedia Britannica at what seemed at the time to be a small fortune. Way beyond my parents means so I ended up with a set of Oxford Junior Encyclopaedia (which I still have)

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
robo
KG Regular

I dont need an encyclopedia my wife knows everything about anything
WestHamRon
KG Regular

Pa Snip wrote::D at above two replies

Dare I venture to suggest that it has been a long long time since a banana boat last used the Thames,
probably about the time HMS Troutbridge sailed the airwaves. :)

Conversation has bought back to mind the times of my youth when my parents frequently dealt with door to door salesmen who were trying to sell them sets of Encyclopaedia Britannica at what seemed at the time to be a small fortune. Way beyond my parents means so I ended up with a set of Oxford Junior Encyclopaedia (which I still have)

Was that "The Navy Lark"?
I was born in 58 but that resonates somehow.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Aye Aye Ron, it was indeed

Motherwoman
KG Regular

Left hand down a bit.....
Pa Snip
KG Regular

MW :lol:

mr-cecil
KG Regular

I was wondering, how should I clean / sterilise my capillary matting? Could I just put it in the washing machine (providing I don't tell my wife...).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic