Je suis Charlie

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité.

Vive la France!
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
FredFromOssett
KG Regular

Je suis Charlie aussi.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Maybe these people who will get high rewards when they meet their maker, we should assist them by bringing back the Death penalty for acts of terrorism.
alan refail
KG Regular

A finnau hefyd! (Me too!)

What I find most disturbing about this barbarism are the claims by Muslim apologists that killing is not condoned by Islam. In fact these murderers are actually carrying out the injunctions in the Quran to kill the unbelievers.

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Cider Boys
KG Regular

It is all very sickening and extremely sad. I am fortunate that I was never called up (who'd have me!) to fight for our country. However I do not believe that our fore-fathers who fought and died for our country to be free from tyranny would have expected it all to have turned out the way it has. In fact I think that they would not have bothered. Perhaps you can accuse me of being cynical but our society have become terrified of saying or writing anything in case it causes offence and our free speech has become seriously eroded. I too believe that the death penalty must be an option in our legal system if it can help in combatting this terrorism.

Barney
Westi
KG Regular

And still it continues! Another incident today - must be very unsettling for everyone. Not reassuring that it is so close to home & this country is also a target.

Westi
Westi
WestHamRon
KG Regular

Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Shallot Man wrote:Maybe these people who will get high rewards when they meet their maker, we should assist them by bringing back the Death penalty for acts of terrorism.

Heaven. it appears, is having an endless stream of virgins to force yourself upon.

I don't get it. Don't they have 'mutual love' in-amongst their ideology.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
peter
KG Regular

Ricard with an H wrote:Heaven. it appears, is having an endless stream of virgins to force yourself upon.

I don't get it. Don't they have 'mutual love' in-amongst their ideology.

Some scholars believe a historical mistranlation is at work there and the original word meant a rare white raisin.

Perhaps all 72 wil be trainspotters called Nigel. :D
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic